Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
Anyone else going to be at the camp the last week in July? I've been looking forward to this for the past six months and I'm counting down the days.

From those who have attended before, what should I expect besides a ton of riding and a fun time?

On the site it says Shaun is only attending two sessions a month; and headsup on whether or not he'll be around for that week?
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-11-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
I think Shaun is enjoying the good times with his new born!

You'll have a great time... Travis and Kyle are great!

Expect lots of boarding, good times and great coaching!

I've been down there twice!
Old    xtremebordgurl            07-11-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
I'll be there! Only for a day though to snap your picture! Seriously though, you will love it! I went as a student back in 05 or 06 and it was the best trip I have ever done. Super fun, you get a lot of riding in and all the coaches are great. You'll have a blast and learn a ton for sure!
Old    wiz            07-11-2008, 7:42 PM Reply   
prepare to be sore as hell. travis & kyle are awesome instructors, so dont worry.. u wont be missing out.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-12-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
I'll be there. word. shaun
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-12-2008, 6:10 AM Reply   
Shaun, what's the oldest peep you've had down there? I'm thinking about coming down with my son next year.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-12-2008, 6:18 AM Reply   
I'm interested to. How late in the year can you ride without a wetsuit?
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-12-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
Hey Poser....from the looks of your profile pic you look young enough to go
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-12-2008, 11:38 AM Reply   
Leon and Edwina Cooper at the time were 65 and 67 from what I remember. That was a couple years ago and they are still riding really well. Leon is ripping on my new board and Edwina rides and wakeskates as well. She was doing sweet front board slides on the wake. And that's real!
Randy, you are never too old. Hope to see ya here. I am only there two weeks a month, but when you book, Travis will let you know when that is.
Jon H, we are normally into at least oct before committing to spring suits or tops. We have even had years when you could go in dec w/o a suit, but each year is different.
We do have some times when people show up thinking fl. is always hot and sunny and they are surprised when we have some cold days. That doesn't happen all that often, but chilly days will pop up now and then.
Either way, we will warm your heart up with our smiles.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-12-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
wasup Greg B?! hows the chillyness in Canadia. yeah, I know it's Canada, but I like Canadia better.
and I know chillyness, should be chilliness.
Old     (jdj)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-12-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
The boarding school is an awesome place to go to enhance your riding. Everyone always has such a great time. Robby Jacques, Kyle Rattray, and Josh Palma are great coaches along side of Travis and Shaun. I owe every success in my riding to the boys at the boarding school.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-12-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
Just got back from the boarding school. Shaun, Travis, and Robby are a lot of fun and have a great positive attitude towards teaching. Low stress, lots of laughs, and a lot of flat water.

One word of advice. Day one you will be told that they recommend you limit each set to 15 minutes. They let you ride longer, some sets I took were more like 25 minutes.... never again. Keep them short and productive, your body will thank you come wed and thur mornings.

true story.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2008, 5:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the advice and thanks for chiming in Shaun! Really looking forward to this...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-12-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
SoCal, don't let the beard throw you dawg.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
What is the name of the lake the house is located on?
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-13-2008, 8:16 PM Reply   
We don't disclose the location. We actually blind fold everyone on the way there and don't allow GPS devices on site.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
hahaha. I think I pinpointed the chain of 6 lakes in St. Cloud on google earth...
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-13-2008, 10:07 PM Reply   
Rod...I think I heard location disclosers are fed to the gators
Old     (eddievg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-14-2008, 1:58 AM Reply   
I would agree with John on the limiting of time on each set. Even though you want to ride as much as possible you want to be able to get the most out of your riding during the entire week. I now i was sore as hell. Had a great time though, great place and all the coaches take good care of you.
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-14-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
THat is so true on the set times. And any pictues that Bess takes of you they will be awsome. I got a book from her and it was the best. Your riding will improve so much with them. I owe all the stuff I have learned to improve my riding so much to those guys. Plus it gives you confidence to try to learn more when you get home.
I have to agree with Shaun on the cold weather. When I was there in March it was cold the whole time.
John, how is your riding going. I rode yesterday with Freddie, and will ride with him again this weekend.