Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old    alanp            08-02-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
someone has to have an idea or two on how to make quick disconnects. my friend designed some quick disconnects using a threaded rod post into a tower clamp and hand tightenable nut. this works pretty good but is anyone using any other methods?
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-02-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
There are a few ideas and products out there at www.diytower.com
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-02-2005, 11:48 PM Reply   
Wire Cutters! There not so quick at reconnecting though.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
i modified my old ryno brackets. they were designed for square speakers like the bose 151. i shaped a piece of starboard to match the curve of my new can speakers so i could use the old quick disconnects. work great.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-03-2005, 10:20 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/221331.html

For the mechanical part I rotated the clamps around 90 degrees, put a threaded stud in them to hang the speakers from, then use some big stainless insert nylon knobs to hold them up. It takes about 2 minutes to put them up or take them down.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       08-04-2005, 4:04 PM Reply   
I made some quick release brackets for my nvs speakers if any one is interested i will post pics and how to.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-04-2005, 4:48 PM Reply   
i am interested in that info Michale. I have the addictions but I am sure that the entities would cross over as well
Old    alanp            08-04-2005, 5:50 PM Reply   
michale please post. im making a setup similar to the nvs.
mikeski, i did the same exact thing you did. works pretty decent just looking for alternatives.
Old     (michale)      Join Date: May 2004       08-05-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
Here is the bracket that i used.It is a minn kota troling motor mount.(west marine)In the picture it is upside down from the way i used it.I used a table saw to cut it to legnth.I screwed the female side of it to the stock nvs clamps and the male side to the nvs speaker.Its been on me boat for a year now and still rock solid.You can even use a small padlock to lock the male and female parts together. 1 mount is enough to do 2 speakers and what was left over i used for a quick release for my video camera mount.It drops the speakers about 1 1/2" lower.You can see by the picture of the camera mount that it is a clean application for the nvs speakers.This weekend i will take some pictures.These were allready in my work computer.

(Message edited by michale on August 05, 2005)