Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-02-2011, 12:17 PM Reply   
Saw them there for the first time this weekend. This is the bridge the furthest north from Bullfrog. Any idea on when these were put up? They are pretty small, posted on the walls and have almost no orange on them making them visible.

I just talked to Contra Costa County SO. They did not place them nor did the bridge personnel. According to them, they are not enforceable.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-02-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
Noticed them last week also. I also had the bridge lady screaming at me & the twelker boat that it was now a 5mph zone.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-02-2011, 12:28 PM Reply   
Man, that sucks, but if ever there were a spot that needs to be 5 it's at that intersection. I can't tell you how many close calls we've had there on busy weekends. I wish they could do a weekends only 5, like they have for the no-ride zone in front of disco.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-05-2011, 9:19 PM Reply   
take them down?
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-09-2011, 8:46 PM Reply   
I seem to remember this happened 15 years ago or so, they lasted a month or so. Rumor was fishermen hated slowing down to getting swamped by cruiser in that area. I always worry about going to slow under there and a rouge wave tossing me into the wood slats.

Cheers,
DC
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-10-2011, 8:06 AM Reply   
Well the question is are they legal? Thats a really dangerous intersection on weekends. I most likely will ignor them and hope i dont get poped.lol