Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
I think if he owns a viper he could own a M3. A viper turns a lot more heads than a M3. Something about this thread just sucks people in. It just won't DIE!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-15-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
I agree with you all that this thead is dead! However, I need to refute what TJK posted earlier as well as needing to hear from Matt again to back up his numbers. TJK, I understand what you laid out however I do not agree with those numbers exactly. I will give you some real world knowledge which contradicts your assumptions you use in your numbers. Sounds like you ran some NADA numbers and I agree that NADA can be a good tool to use. I can't speak for how much an X-1 will be worth in 3 years so I can't refute your numbers so I will take your assumption of $7,000 in depreciation over 3 years.

Now, let's move onto the numbers you used for the used Moomba. Here's my real world knowledge and I can back all this up with pictures, what I paid for the boat orginally and the copy of the receipt I made for the sale of it. I own my second Moomba. My first was a basic Outback and I upgraded to the XLV. The only options my Outback came with was a Head unit, 4 speakers and a cover. Otherwise it was stock. I bought the boat new in April 2002. I sold it April 2004. In those two years I put 125 hrs on it, installed a tower, pop up cleats and I added onto the stereo a bit. The tower cost was $1395, cleats were $295 and the stereo cost was about $1,000 in upgrades. I purchased the boat for $22,795 and sold it for $23,500 two years later. If you do the math you will see that the cost of ownership in depreciation was $2,000. Which is only 7% over two years, or 3.5% per year. If it depreciates so fast, why was I able to sell it for that TJK? Let me add the kicker to this story..... First off, this guy is the president of a large bank so obviously he's not dumb or naieve. Of course that's not to say he's informed either. But I do know that he was looking at two, let me say that again 2, MC's and he chose to buy my boat not one of the MC's. TJK, Why? If MC's are so good and Moomba's are such crap why would someone buy a Moomba over a MC?

So, to answer your earlier post, Moomba's don't depreciate as fast as you let on. There are examples of all types in all markets for all brands. What you stated is not a fact nor anywhere near the truth. My Moomba depreciated $1,000 per year over two years. So, given that let's assume it will continue at that for the third year. So, over three years the depreciation would have been $3000. The X-1 cost pretty much exactly double what the Outback cost. So, to equate the percentage equally the X-1 would need to depreciate $6,000 in the same time frame. Using your assumptions, the X-1 depreciated more! Now, you used a general number of 2-3 years. If we use the 2 year assumption used in your numbers, then the X-1 deprecaited even more! I will be happy to back all my numbers if you'd like TJK with copies of my documents and pics of the boat.

Matt- Still looking for the proof on all those options for the price you stated earlier. Or are you going to finally admit you were wrong on what you posted earlier in the attempt to make a Moomba look bad. It's a sad day in wakeboarding when one of our fellow boarders has to LIE to make a different brand boat look bad and to justify his purchase!!!!!!
Old     (ewater)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-15-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
Matt, slick looking Viper.
Elane, congrats on the new ride, post some pictures.
Did anyone learn anything on Moombas building processes?
Old    mplv            01-15-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
are you calling me a liar because i paid 44500 for my boat?? why the hell would i lie about what i paid for my boat?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
I think he was saying you're numbers were not accurate.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-15-2006, 4:12 PM Reply   
Aaron, thank you for helping young Matt understand. And Matt, I'm not calling you a liar because you paid $44,500 for your boat. I just don't believe you paid that for your boat with all those options you listed above and associated $$$ to when pricing the new LSV. This is not the first tiime for you to be asked to back up your numbers. The question is, why won't you back up for info? Is it because you can't? I don't know, why don't you enlighten us all. Like I said before, you're quick to post negative misinformation about Moomba's, quick to post pics of your ride, but NOT so quick to back up your info. You're stalling for a reason my friend.
Old    mplv            01-15-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
ummm ok?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-15-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
Wow!!!!! this thread is still sucking me in, and to think I weened myself off watching those rediculous realtiy shows, but for some reason, this thread keeps me comming back.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
This is great I just wanted to post to bring it back to the top. Maybe someone else will get sucked in like the rest of us
Old    as_boats            01-15-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Hey Shane
i am only 20 first off, how old are u,so i don't own a viper if i could i would or a m3 How many cars do you own buddy, i also own a 1997 Mercedes E-320,99 Ls1 camaro ,2004 suzuki Gsxr 600, 1984 chevy el camino custom with shaved everthing,door handls,zr1 corvette rollpan, viper red paint with black ss stripes, and my lowered 1992 s-10. i bought everything myself without daddy or mommy. thanx bro ur cool
Old    as_boats            01-15-2006, 6:47 PM Reply   
Also Shane i have spanked many new m3's in my Z, come and get some

difference between M3 and Camaro
you have to know how to build up a car to get HP not just buy something and drive it
Old    as_boats            01-15-2006, 6:50 PM Reply   
I'm riden in more luxury than u bro in my benz for my daily driver
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-15-2006, 7:14 PM Reply   
I've got a 2000 outback ls that I love. Great boat for the dough. My next boat would be a lsv because of price. I would prefer the X2 if money was no object. I've lost more like 3k a year on mine in depreciation and it has low hours.

I love the m3 but you are dreaming if you think you can touch the viper, or a new vette for that matter on performance. More luxurious for sure but not even close on the track. Check out the new z06 numbers, and its close to the price of the m3. Man would I love that car.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
you boys are funny, and I am not 20.Been through the ricer stage 600 CBR f2, Katana, Gixxer 750, and 900 RR.. So what's your point? Don't have the time or inkling to list out accomplishments, toys, w-2s, or anything else.

IF you boys like viper, that's cool, they don't even pass the valet test here, they throw em on the back lot with the vettes. enjoy.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
Actually Charlie you don't have to know anything about a ls-1 to make good power. My old 02 ss dynoed 401 at the rear wheels. With a new cam,exhaust,throttle body,u-know the basic bolt on's. I would love to see some pic's of you're rides. I've had a ton of car's in cluding two el camino's. My 84 had a 383,comp 280 solid,victor jr,bow tie angle plug heads,300 stall,410 gear car ran real low 12's on motor. SORRY no pic's of most of my old cars. Just did not seem important at the time.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-15-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
What's next, who's got the biggest dick? You guys kill me!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
I do. I do. Mine is one inch!!!!!! From the ground.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
You would be shocked what an M3 with aa turbo and suspension can do
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
I think Gale banks offers a twin turbo ls-1 that runs on pump gas and makes 1200 hp. Yes 1200 hp and has a warranty. I think a M3 would twist apart with that kinda power.
Old    as_boats            01-15-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
Hey shane if you want to really pass the valet test you should of got a M5 they are more pimp, whats the matter too many vettes have smoked you on the highway now you hate vettes, vettes def would get the same treatment with a valet as your M3, they would both get the same amount of attention at the street races, So whats your point?

Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 7:47 PM Reply   
I love this. This thread just won't DIE!! It is way off base and still keeps going.
Old    as_boats            01-15-2006, 7:49 PM Reply   
i got no pics right now because they are at my dads house on our home computer i moved out like 4 months ago and i am on my laptop with no pics downloaded yet ,i will post some maybe tomorrow but i dunno cause i got a lot of work ahead of me especially with the snow were getting
Old    as_boats            01-15-2006, 7:53 PM Reply   
this thread is funny it all started cause guys cant stand moomba's }
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
charlie, I will make this simple. love you some vette, love ya some viper, dont care. Porsche is next on the list. Some things are more important than straightaway speed unless you are at the Summer Nationals.

I am not impressed with american cars, just the way it is. Where I live the german and italian cars are parked up front, just the way it is.

Sort of like this thread, which is my whole point. The moomba will git r done, but the majority of people would rather own CC, MC, or BU. Same thing with cars, poll the people, and when it comes down to the Vette or the Porsche GT3, Turbo, or even M3 when price is not an issue people will go with the more prestigious of a car or boat. This goes for about anything in life. Enjoy.}

(Message edited by auto on January 15, 2006)
Old    as_boats            01-15-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
I agree with takin a GT3 instead of a vette if price aint a issue, i'll give you that much
Old    as_boats            01-15-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
im done wit this thread nice talkin boys, bench racins alwayz a good time
but not fun enough
Peace
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
OK. Here we go. The Zo6 is putting a hurt-n on the porche and the viper and cost less. You should know that Shane being a car guy. I think you should put that M3 up against a Z06 that would be a fair comparison.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
See above. It's been said. If you need further explanation, the humidity has swelled your brain.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 8:40 PM Reply   
It's not always about haveing the most prestigious. I want the best bang for the buck.
Old     (smokedog2)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-15-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
Wow, I like my Moomba but I cannot read all this bickering. It must be boat show season.

SD2
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-15-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
Just to much time spent inside this time of year. Not enough time on the water! Love the pic of you're BU in you're profile Shane. I personally like all kinds of cars. I just want to see how long this thread will live.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-15-2006, 9:08 PM Reply   
First car was a 66 Chevelle. 48k original miles, had it till a few years ago. Thanks on the BU.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-16-2006, 6:58 PM Reply   
Well, since the thread has gotten so far off topic it looks like it could be dead! Which in a way is a bummer since we haven't heard back from young Matt to prove what he paid for his X-1 with all those options he listed. Also, haven't heard back from TJK on my post about depreciation. TJK, good arguments and definitely enjoyed it. I had to answer it with some real world experience and hopefully I enlightened a few on the fact that not all Moomba's depreciate that fast. Again, there are examples in all markets of boats that sell for high and low prices for all the brands. But by no means can you assume that a Moomba will depreciate as fast as you led on. I've seen MC's sell for alot less than the owner would have liked to get. Given no response, I will take it you agree.

As for our friend Matt Lankford- As we all know I've been asking and asking politely to back up his numbers on what he paid for his X-1 with all the options he listed. Well Matt, since you've not responded to it in days I will take it that you CANNOT back it up and what you said was a LIE!!! Again, it's a sad day in wakeboarding when one of our fellow boarders has to lie to make another brand of boat look bad and to help him justify his purchase!! Matt, you need to think before you post. WW is full of very intelligent people who will see through most BS and all it does is make you look bad on here. Then to lash out with profanity against me when you got called on it! Then to continue the bashing with info like the banks treat them like Kia's. Matt, you need to just be a man and admit you were/are wrong. By the way, I don't need gap insurance or any insurance at all, my boat is paid off my friend!! I own it free and clear! It afforded me the opportunity to install a $10,000 dollar stereo system. See Matt, not everyone who buys a Moomba buys it because they can't afford a MC. How many years will you be paying on yours again?!?!???

Eric- Glad you bought the boat that was right for you! Welcome to the Skiers Choice family!!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-16-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
I knew in the back of my head someone else would post again. This thread is never gona die. It sucks people in one by one.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-16-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
OMG, I can't believe I came back for more, and even posted again. The devil made me do it
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-16-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
I think I came back because Kraig is so annoying.....you're really hung up on Matt aren't you young Kraig?????

(Message edited by MHayes on January 16, 2006)
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-16-2006, 8:53 PM Reply   
I guess none of us have that thing called will-power!!! If this thread hit's 200 post I will stop posting.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-16-2006, 10:28 PM Reply   
Michael- You came back for me?!? I have a fan? Apparently I can't be that annoying. Besides, I'd rather be annoying than a liar! I've posted on facts and accurate information unlike others on here. I don't know how that's annoying. And no, I'm not hung up on Matt. I'm just doing my part to expose a very misinformed person who has had to resort to personal attacks. I've also done a great job at entertaining you all as well as myself. I've had a lot of fun with this thread! It's been fun getting Matt all heated under the collar. I've stayed cool and calm. Matt got pretty pissed a few posts back. Glad you've enjoyed the entertainment and keep coming back for more!!!!
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-17-2006, 5:20 AM Reply   
what the hell, TTT
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
Kraig- the depreciation on a 10K stereo system really acclerates in a Moomba. Your amp is already obsolete, and your speakers were probably made of sub par materials.

No one ever answered my question about which boat do you take if no ones looking- the 2 yr old loaded X-2 in perfect shape with 100 hrs, or the brand new Moomba with the same options. I'll assume by the non-answer that the MC wins. By the way, Matt has responded numerous times that he paid what he paid. Do you need him to fax you the invoice?
Old     (ebone66)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
I'd take a brand new boat w/a 3 year warranty over a used X-2. Obviously. I did.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-17-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
I would take the moomba as well...

and how does ths same stereo sytem depreciate faster in one boat then another????

I also have a hard time beleiving that a loaded x-1 went out the door fully loaded for that price, I also looked at the x-1, and fully loaded, the price was well over 50...

So you either have a hook up or you are b.s.ing in my unbiased opinion!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-17-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
Gordon,depends where you are buying or looking to get an MC.

quote:

I also have a hard time beleiving that a loaded x-1 went out the door fully loaded for that price, I also looked at the x-1, and fully loaded, the price was well over 50...

Way more options then Matt got on his X-1,I got on my X-2 and o.t.d. was 50k even in 2004.

People on both sides of the discussion.......GET YOU FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE TRYING TO MAKE A POINT!!

Ohh and did anybody need a invoice on my 2004 X-2??
BTW I believe Matt paid just THAT...What he claimed!!

And it was sooo LOADED that the MSRP on it was just under 68k,I got 50k otd.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       01-17-2006, 10:42 AM Reply   
exactly, you got a deal... you didn't pay MSRP.... what is soo hard about that...

Looks like the facts speak for themselves..

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-17-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
My point,X-1 loaded to the gills should NOT be well over 50k but right around 50k.

Old     (sanguine)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-17-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
I can't believe I just read this whole thing. For what it's worth, I just spent a whole lot of time looking at the X-1, V-Ride, Moomba LSV, and a couple Supra boats. When it came down to it, the biggest knock against the X-1 was that I couldn't order one because the factory wasn't taking orders anymore. Ordering a boat was pretty much the only way my wife was going to go for it as it had to be just right. Anyway, I was told "upper 40s", but didn't pursue it further then that since I knew I wasn't going to end up with it. We spent about 6 hours working on pricing with the other manufacturers, and I am now waiting for my new Mob LSV to be delivered in April. I was really surprised with them particularly after having been so unimpressed in the passed (mainly due to freeboard). Every boat I looked at was a quality boat imo. I Couldn't be happier, and can't wait to get my family out on the water this summer for some more good times.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-17-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Big Ed- I agree with you that Matt paid what he claims. That's NEVER been in question here. What has been in question is that he paid that price with all those options he listed. Scroll back up and look at all the options he listed in the LSV pricing that he says he has. And remember, he also said that there were options he has that Moomba doesn't even offer which tells us that he has even more options. I haven't worried too much about those "Fantom" options though. Let's just look at the ones he listed. So Ed, honestly tell me if you believe that he paid $44,500 for an X-1 with every option he listed. You know boats, I've seen you post on WW a lot and you're very informed in this area. You study MC's very closely. So I'd like to hear your opinion unless what you said in your earlier post is still your opinion.

One more question for ya, boats sell for more in markets where there is more demand correct? For example, boats are in more demand in California than in Colorado. I have a friend who's selling his '99 Tige. It's in NY and he lives in Colorado. His dealer told him not to take it to Colorado to sell it for it will take a big hit on it's value. It will sell for more in NY than in Colorado. Agree?

Sanguine- Congrats on the new purchase! Can't wait to see this thing in person!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-17-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
B.S., What? I don't follow the logic on the stereo. FYI, my amps are Alpine V-12's. My sub amp is an Xtant, my subs are Xtant's and my speakers are Focals. My head unit is a Kenwood with 3 wired remotes. The deck also has a Kenwood Music Keg MP3 player. All powered by three deep cycle batteries, one of which is protected by a Hellroaring automatic Isolator/Combiner with the remote module. Of course that is all powered by a high output 150 amp alternator with all wiring increased to handle the extra power. The tower speakers are housed in a black Wet Box tower box color matched to the boat. I think we're all still waiting for me to type something that is sub-par in materials. B.S., there's a lot of boat stereo guru's on here. Did you want to ask them? It's not the biggest or the loudest, but it's one of the cleanest I've heard. Anything else you wanted to know? Or did you just want to spout out more BS?? Think before you post! And for goodness sake, take Big Ed's advice and get your facts straight before you post!
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2006, 7:24 AM Reply   
Sorry- it had been a little while since checking back. The stereo comment was a joke.... Sarcasm anyone? This whole thread is a runaway train....

All aboard!!!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-18-2006, 8:27 AM Reply   
Kraig,I can't guarantee that he got that price since every dealer has diff. incentives but it is possible.If the boat came equiped exactly how he wanted it and the dealer didn't have to spend a lot of time getting it to his liking,very possible.Looking for what I payed for mine and seeing what he payed for his,with a few less options and his price is exactly where mine was\is.I got a great deal on mine and he could have got a great deal on his.Definitely not trying to debate his price.

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on January 18, 2006)

(Message edited by big_ed_x2 on January 18, 2006)
Old     (patrick)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-18-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Someone asked this earlier in this thread but I didn't see a response...What are tower feet?
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-18-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
Tower feet attach to the deck and the tower will attach to the feet, it prevents you from having to remove the whole tower from the deck/gelcoat. Hope that helps. Available on XLV and LSV and all Supra's.
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-19-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
Things have slowed a bit here. Did anyone else notice how cheap the prices of the Moombas are under the classified section here? I don't see many 2000 or newer MC/BU/CC going for 19K-low 20's......... That's the best evidence for resale I know.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       01-19-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
B.S., the moomba owner's also didn't pay 50-60k for a new boat. Look at the percentages , not the numbers.

While I believe the big 3 hold there value better than (in this instance a moomba) I don't think it's as much as most people think.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-19-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
Hmmmm I am home sick today so I just did a little research. I found this ad in 2005 selling a brand new X-10 here is what it said -THE FIRST ON THE WATER IN A 2005 2005 MASTERCRAFT X10! ... Genuine MasterCraft Tandem Axel Trailer MSRP:$92,455 Martin Price:$74,463. Then I went looking for X-10's a few years old here is one I found right here on wakeworld...2002 X-10 selling for 35,000 so in 3 years this boat went from what 75 down to 35? or worse? The Moombas you are talking about most are Out back LS Direct drives. They probabbly bought them for 26-28 somehwere. You can find examples of boats depreciating like crazy no matter what you look at. If you buy a bu for 55 new and 4 years later sell it for 37,500 thats an 18000 dollar loss over 4 years. if you buy and outback for 28,000 and 4 years sell it for 19,000 you have lost about 9000 bucks. It's all relative.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-19-2006, 5:10 PM Reply   
umm, i'm not sure if mc offers enough options to get the price of an x-10 up to $75k. are you sure that wasn't a typo?

but yes, i agree the depreciation argument is complete bs nowadays. with the wake boat market as strong as it currently is, v-drives in general just don't depreciate significantly. i was recently in the market for a used boat and was just as likely to find an '03 x-2 selling for $39,500 (bought new for around $46k) as an '04 moomba lsv selling for $33k (bought new for $35,200). my point is, given reasonable hours, most v-drive wake boats depreciate at a rate of $2000-$3000 a year, regardless of the name on the side. i've rarely seen exceptions
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-19-2006, 6:22 PM Reply   
Jeff Vaaler

You are absolutely correct. Anyone who believes there is a significant difference in depreciation is living in the past.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-19-2006, 6:49 PM Reply   
Jeff, I just found that price off a boat dealership in 05 so I copied and pasted it, as you can see MSRP was at 92....I was just demonstrating that you cant just say look at the depreication of these moombas cause apples to apples that just isnt the case. You dont lose more money buying a moomba then you do a nauti or MC Tige Pro V ect...
Old    mplv            01-19-2006, 7:46 PM Reply   
not sure why i checked back here but i did, and i still cant belive im being called a liar by some tard about what i paid for my boat.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-19-2006, 8:12 PM Reply   
LOL!! Oh boy, that last post was funny!!!! Hey guys, do you think he will ever get it?!? LOL LOL LOL LOL
Old     (shortman)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-19-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
it's like a train wreck........
Old     (delbert)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-19-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Matt, I believe what you are being called out on is that you came into the thread and tried to compare the MSRP of the Moomba LSV (Which was not the boat the original poster was asking about) and then selected a ton of options (Some that were not likely on your x-1) and then tried to compare the MSRP of the Moomba to a great deal that you got on a photoshoot/demo MC x-1.

I am one of the few that seem to be a fan of the x-1 as well as other base wakeboats. IMO (unless you get a special deal) the X-1, Outback V, and V-ride are best valued when selected with minimal options.

Old    the_skeptic            01-19-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
Holy Crap! I just read this whole thing.... I can never get that time back.. its gone..

So I own a Moomba.. a '05 XLV GGE. I love it. It throws a great wake, and I ride it. Bling Bling isn't going to help you do more tricks. I remember going to last summers boat show in LA and almost died laughing after seeing the price of an xstar, $79k! I could not believe people would pay that much for a boat.

As for the dude bashing SC, great, you own a MC. To compare my boat to a Kia, what an insult. I looked at alot of used MC's before my XLV and was not impressed. Perhaps it was how they were all treated or maybe the dealerships wanted them to look like crap so you would buy a new one? And to say banks wouldn't even consider them for a 15 year loan, now I know your talking out of your a$$. Especially since I have a 15 year loan.

So to all the SC haters, don't be mad you spent too much on your MC that throws the same wake as a longer, wider, roomier SC.

and Dont forget, they're just boats people.....
Old    moombarider132            01-20-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
thanks david

and please remember that it is NOT about the boat its about the rider

i too am a proud moomba owner and matt you have a nice boat but you dont have to dog on other peoples cuz you think your right.....

because your not
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-20-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
this thread is still drawing posts, seems like we have regressed to the wb antic.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-20-2006, 8:38 PM Reply   
WORD
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-21-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
I can't believe I read the whole thing!! Entertaining, though. I own a 2004 Mobius LSV so I guess I am supposed to be ashamed. But, let me get on track. First, I think most of the wakeboard boats I see are top notch - some with more bling, but they all put out great but mostly different wakes. Rule, ride behind what you might buy and decide what wake you like and will be satisfied with for a while. Second and possibly more important - check out the dealer. Are the salespeople knowledgeable (that's a requirement). Do they bash the other boats (big negative)? How is their service department and the people there? (perhaps the most important).

I can tell you that I like the 2006 Supras, Malibus, MCs and CCs. However, the MC dealer's sales lady bashes other boats; the Malibu dealer's service department has well known issues; CC dealer seems top notch, including very knowledgeable board shop folks. So, for me I would not buy the Malibu or MC in this area. I would consider the CC, but way too expensive. I have had nothing but excellent experience with the Moomba/Supra dealer. Out of pure loyalty, my next boat will probably be a Supra.

For what its worth.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-21-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
As a MC owner, have you Moomba guys seen the latest wakeboarding magazine? The Moomba wakes look great. IMO, just judging from the graphs I would say the Moomba LSV's (I think it's the LSV)wake is second only to the X-Star out of all the boats tested. It has a nice ramp, lip and is thick much like the X-Star. Mind you at a fraction of the X-Star price. Just an observation. Take it for what it's worth.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-21-2006, 2:36 PM Reply   
Wow, I have to hand it to you Brian.... comming from someone who owns a mastercraft. Thank you, it is refreshing to hear that. I have seen lots of wake pics and also have to say...Sanger, Nautique, Mc, Moomba Supra, Centurion, Calabria,Malibu I know Im gonna miss a few here........I have enjoyed looking at all the wake pics and each one is a little different weather taller wider more lip etc....It's all what you like. I dont know why people seem to get into this my boat throws a better wake or is built better... yours is cheap blah blah blah, it's crazy, I just need someone to help me get w2w so there will be balance restored in the earth
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-21-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
Daniel,
Checkl your E-mail.
Thanks
Erik
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-21-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
skier's choice, in my opinion, has easily surpassed malibu as the top value for your dollar considering most bu's are now in mc and cc range. very impressed with what i've seen lately
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-22-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
Daniel, I think that price you found on the Web for the X-10 is from Martin Equipment here in Edmonton, Alberta, so I think its in Canadian $$$

I think Moomba's are great boats. I can't understand why a thread like this causes so much grief for everyone. Who cares? you got a boat? great, your luckier than most. Get out and enjoy it.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       01-22-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
Duncan, I just went and looked you are correct that was from Martin Marine, did not realize that. Anyway, yes love my boat just cant sit back and watch someone say bad things about a brand they have never even owned or probabbly ridden in.......ok I swear, I will try my hardest not to even look at this thread again
Old     (elduche)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-22-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
I understand Daniel, I actually re-read my post and it may have sounded more directed at you than I intended, sorry. It was meant in the general "you" sense, whether anyone has a MC, Moomba whatever I think they should be happy and ride!