Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       07-01-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
Current conditions? anyone, anyone....
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-02-2009, 2:43 PM Reply   
Crap! They are going to be letting 3ft out a day starting the 4th, and all 800 houseboats have to be off the water by Aug. 1st.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-03-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
why are they going to be leting so much water out?
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2009, 7:16 AM Reply   
What a mess. Read this article. At teh very end it does say the Ca. State Parks Assoc migth be trying to stop this but who knows.

http://www.orovillemr.com/ci_12728441?source=most_viewed
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
ouch!
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2009, 11:03 AM Reply   
Ok, the article explains the boat thing, but what's up with the 3ft/day drawdown? I searched but was not able to find anything on the that issue. I know the lake is low, but it's higher than last year at this time.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       07-06-2009, 11:45 AM Reply   
I haven't seen anything in writing to indicate there will be a 3 ft drop per day..so far it is business as usual.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?ORO
Old     (sacmule)      Join Date: May 2007       07-06-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
Wow, they are really dumping water fast, about 2.5 feet daily since July 1. I would love to know the reason for the accelerated water releases. Sorry to hear about this especially following last year's lake conditions.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       07-06-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
i bet elecrtical demand has something to do with discharge amounts. that lake has the potential to make a huge amount of power (hydro-electricity) and i bet , but not sure, that when it gets hot and everyone turns on thier air conditioning they dump more water through thier turbines to generate.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       07-06-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
Maybe my math is bad, but I see 1-1.5 feet a day.

The word at the lime Saddle Marina is the lake will be going to the same level as last year---LOW!
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       07-06-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
We just went up for the fourth of july. Here is a picture from the top of the parking lot while heading down to bidwell marina. I think it is higher than our last trip in 2007. But still pretty low. If you are camping plan to pull your boat out each night or you will need to rent a slip. I rented a slip. the walk to and from the marina was rough. We had a really good time. Won't be back again this year though. Also heard that the state is all but shutting down the marina. I guess eviction notices have been sent out to the boat owners that have slips there.

Bidwell Marina

July 3 lunch view
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-06-2009, 11:14 PM Reply   
Just got back from Oroville. We camped there from Thurs till Monday, and launched at Loafer Creek launch ramp on Fri and Sat...but on Sunday they closed their launch ramp and told us to go to Bidwell. They said the water had dropped like 10 feet overnight and once we launched at Bidwell we went over to the Loafer Creek ramp out of curiosity and...yes...it DID drop a bunch overnight.

The good news is that the water level is still way up compared to this time last year, and there's way less smoke (the fires last year sucked).
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-07-2009, 12:28 AM Reply   
Lake is at 777.25' still 50' above this time last year. Lake has been dropping 2' per day since June 25. Loafer Creek has the shortest launch ramp out of them all. Have no clue what they are going to do will all those Houseboats in Bidwell. Cal. Parks is going to have to figure out some sort of temp fix for all the Houseboats until they figure out who is going to take over the marina.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-07-2009, 12:22 PM Reply   
We are out on oroville 3 times a week. This year is rough, but not nearly like last year. We were on the lake last year through september, it was beautiful. Nobody else was on the lake, even on weekends. The issue with oroville is, there is plentry of water and lake, its how do you launch? Launching from bidwell in the dirt was a bummer last year, but like I said, it was worth it once you got on the lake. We have our boats in slips this year, so I only have to worry about it once, when I pull them out.