Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (mtbtll18)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-17-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
This may be an awkward question but i was wondering if anyone has ever used a skimboard in place of a wakeskate. I have one and i just bought 2 wakeboards a wakesurfboard, a boat and everything for it, i dont feel like spending a couple hundred more if the skimboard will be sufficient for a month or so. Do they float. I never had to worry about floating them when skimming, plus the waves would usually shove the board below. Thank you
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-17-2007, 1:02 PM Reply   
I've played with a skim board behind a boat, it's fun for about 10 seconds, then you figure out that getting the wax out of the carpet in the boat is not worth it. pick up a used wakeskate, you can get them cheap.
Old    murrayair            03-17-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Yeah, they don't work as well as you might think. But they do float.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-17-2007, 2:22 PM Reply   
you can do it, but it's not easy. since they are flat, you really have to concentrate on keeping the nose up.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-17-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
they dont have enough rocker so you have to work hard at keeping the nose up. you can get a flat deck for 100. it is well worth it. you will be hooked
Old     (ncwake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-17-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
Its sucks. Since it has no rocker like previously stated when you try to jump the waker most of the time the nose digs into the wake and you go flying across the wake. It is also really easy to catch an edge. Just go out and buy a regular wakeskate, it will be better in the long run. It also get boring really fast.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-17-2007, 8:32 PM Reply   
dude u have no idea me and my buddies do so much stuff just a small list of stuff that wevv used
Plywood, Skimboard, Snowboard, Skateboard(dont work btw, 2x4. thats just a few lol...but a skimboard dont track or anything soo it basically sucks..plywood on the other hand is so much funn haha u can lay down on it and stuff lol..aat the moment were buidling a chair with wakeboards underneath it lol it will be awsomee