Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old    fishboatwakerider            09-30-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Well after 3 times out now of trying, trying, trying, I'm getting over the Wake fairly consistantly. My Proggressive edge is getting better with every pull, I just need to work on my standing tall at the crest of the wake so I can get some more heighth, but man am I happy that I can finally do it.

BTW, as I was getting in the water on my first pull, I had a nasty incident involving the clip on a swim ladder and my thumbnail. It slid under it and yanked half my nail out of the nail bed and it was resting outside the skin instead of inside. Strapped it up with some gauze and some tape from the first aid kit and hopped in. If you look close in some of the pics you can see my left hands thumb is white and wrapped hella tight so I could keep goin for the rest of the day.

Heres some vids of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuAN31tdX3w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1zJs4LoaQQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiJTF0jOtGY

(Message edited by fishboatwakerider on September 30, 2006)
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-30-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
What were you jumping? .. Did you leave your wake at home?

.. Just kidding! Congrats.
Old    fishboatwakerider            09-30-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
17ft fishing boat only puts out soo much wake. At the end of the day we had my boat almost 500lbs overweight with sacs.. but the wake was SUPREME.. about 6" higher than Knee high, and I was catcthing about 2ft of air above the wake.

Next time out... start practicing my toeside, switch, and start getting comfortable throwing grabs.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-30-2006, 8:07 PM Reply   
God job dude, so you have been out 3 times and you are already going w2w?
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-30-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
... Guess he's not a poser.

... Sorry Dan. I had to. Just kidding.
Old    alanp            09-30-2006, 9:06 PM Reply   
roy keep at the heelside before moving on. you still are way to bent over at the waist. stand tall
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-01-2006, 7:09 AM Reply   
You need to staighten your legs to get more pop off the wake. You could go alot higher on that wake by doing so.

Good job.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-01-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
How is Lawrence lake Roy? Is it gettin shallow? I've ridden that lake once before. i usually ride @ American. What up Dano!?
Old    fishboatwakerider            10-01-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
lawrence lake has really been good to me this year. It's holding temp fairly well, so it's not rediculously cold when I crash. Not too shallow, but the boat launch sucks big time.. I've been launching in the gravel since it's soo bad. But other than that.. the traffic is minimal, and the water has always been at least decent.
Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-01-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
You look a little familiar Roy, do you know a dude named Kyle Conway? He lives out there in Yelm.
Old    fishboatwakerider            10-01-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
nope.. sorry don't know any kyle's....
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-01-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
congrats dude,
i took out a couple of newbies earlier this year and one finally made it w2w. He descibed the feeling, bliss, and new why we are all addicted to the sport. Keep it up and always keep it fun.
pace, jb
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-06-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
Congrats Roy. I lived in Rainier about 10 years ago, about 5 from Lawrence Lake. Keep it up.
Old     (jesswake_snow)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-07-2006, 11:54 AM Reply   
Yup. (driver of tha fish boat) We are fine tuning the ballast and the wake. We have been changing are situations everytime we go out (not as if it were even that many times). Were getting it dialed to the max of the boat. Its not comparable to a top notch boat, but hay, what can you do? you know. You work with what you have, right? We went down to Koeppert lake after a few attempts (for roy) to clear the wake behind his boat. Koeppert lake is a pay to tow man made lake. Roy cleared it first try. Im positive its our wake thats limiting us. But we just started so look out for some upcoming vids before our seasons over. Laters Jess