Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (n2mywake)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-19-2007, 6:41 AM Reply   
I was just reading through the archives and saw some post regarding Make-A-Wake Ballast systems. I saw where some of you hadn't had any luck with them lately. I know the company was under new ownership since last summer. I saw the previous owner and the new owner at an event at Taylorsville Lake, Kentucky last summer. I know Bill always tried to stay on top of things when he ran Make-a-Wake. He was always willing to go the extra mile. I just thought I would clear his name for the record.

here's the old post:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/391268.html?1164647129
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-19-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
I Just ordered a system from them on Friday so we will see how it measures up. I will report with more info later

Phall
Old     (saroberts70)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-19-2007, 1:16 PM Reply   
n2. Do you ride at Taylorsville?
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-19-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
I was thinking about buying that system and was wondering if it would be cheaper to do it myself or is it close enough to the price that it's not Worth the hassle?
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-20-2007, 6:44 AM Reply   
I just talked to the guy from Make A Wake and he said that it should take 12-14 days for assembly and delivery. My feeling on it is that I just want something to drop in and go I don't have the time to be messing around with building a ballast system. So that is why I went with these guys. I know it is not the best but if it works that is all I care about. The rival is probably better but you are looking at almost $2k for parts and I was quoted near 3K for parts and full install. If my boat were newer I would pay that but I have a 99 and I would not get 3K extra for the boat when I went to sell it. So my thoery is pay 1000 drop it in use it for a few years. Sell the boat and drop this same system in with whatever ballast system is in the next boat. This way I have two systems in a new boat later on donwn the road with minimal expense
Old     (n2mywake)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-20-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Rob, I did't ride at Taylorsville, I just went up to the event that was there last fall to visit some friends. We just moved to the Frankfort area. I hope to get back out a little this summer. I've had some back problems and have been afraid to get back out too much. I do miss it though.