Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-13-2005, 6:50 PM Reply   
does anybody use this Lake...Lake Kaweah its by Visilia?
Old     (gymboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-14-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
Its close to visalia. I have never ridden there but I have heard its a small lake and not too good to board at.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-14-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
Is there anything good around that area for boarding that is decent? I might be transfering to NAS Lemoore at years end. I've already done a 5year tour but at that time wasnt even interested in boarding or even have a boat...
Old    tclagggym            01-15-2005, 8:55 PM Reply   
I roam Kaweah 2 to 3 times a week. Not bad during the week, but on weekends, time for Pine Flat.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-17-2005, 10:14 AM Reply   
I use Kaweah pretty often. Early in the season its not too bad. They are in the currently in the process of increasing it's capacity so it should get a little better. I would agree with Tim C in that during the week good but the weekend is ridiculous unless you go early morning, by 10:00 the caos begins. From Lemoore it shouldnt take you much longer to get to Millerton or Pine Flat. But from my experience if you plan on boarding and you want decent water your gonna want to hit it early no matter were you go. Not sure what type of boat you have but there is a river area that is real close to Lemoore that may be an option. The positives would be that its close. The negatives would be that its shallow, it has a narrow window for use, and IMO it can be dangerous. Hope it helps
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-18-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
not looking to be dangerous, millerton/pin flat is it heavealy used on the weekend etc. how long do you think it would take to get there from lemoore or hanford?
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-18-2005, 5:25 PM Reply   
Yeah they are pretty heavily used on the weekend. However, they are good size compared to Kaweah. I would say Kaweah is just under an hour, Millerton right about an hour, and Pine Flat a close to an hour or a little over.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-18-2005, 8:54 PM Reply   
can you get some good boarding in on the weekend or is it just to packed and not worth it?

(Message edited by ghostrider_2 on January 18, 2005)
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-24-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
You can definately get some good morning sessions in if you go early enough. Ive had good water later into the afternoon at Pine Flat before. Obviously conditions stay better longer earlier in the year when the lakes are at max cap. Dont expect to go at 10:30/11:00 and get good water, that woulnt happen. They're not bad lakes though, you'll have fun. I go to Kaweah because it is 30 minutes from my house. If Im going to make a day out of it I go to Millerton or Pine Flat.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-24-2005, 10:44 PM Reply   
I would be making a day of each trip, most likely living in Hanford, weekdays would only happen if I didnt have to work(leave etc.) so it would be on the weekends. so its worth making a day for either millerton or pine...?
Old    tclagggym            01-25-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
Yeah you should go to Millerton, because I'll be at Pine Flat messing up the water.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-25-2005, 10:23 PM Reply   
Definately worth making a day trip to either. IMO Millerton is a little easier to get to.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-25-2005, 10:50 PM Reply   
so I guess pine flat it is since both of you recommend millerton.
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-26-2005, 7:55 PM Reply   
Busted
Old    hyperryd            01-29-2005, 10:04 AM Reply   
Millerton is the party lake of the three. Way back in the no wake zone it gets pretty crazy. It is tough to get good water on the weekends though. Pine flat is so big that if the water sucks at one place you can usually drive until you find good water. The ramps and parking rule at Millerton though. Kaweah is a fun little lake if you live close, like Visalia.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-30-2005, 6:48 AM Reply   
Hey John, how's the baby? When do the wakeboard lessons start?!?
Old    hyperryd            01-30-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
Greg, unfortunately the opposite is happening. We are selling the boat and skipping two years of "family boating" until Hannah is three years old. My wife is a worry-a-holic and having a toddler around water is too much for her right now. We will buy a new boat then, but in the meantime I'm going to be at the mercy of my friends for a ride. I still think five years old will be about right for a new little girls wakeboard team.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-02-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
Ouch!! Good luck buddy. If you are ever in the area...... LOL!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-02-2005, 8:47 PM Reply   
I'm sure you will miss it.
Old    tclagggym            02-03-2005, 10:44 PM Reply   
John,
Don't do it ! Here's some ideas:
Grandparents?Wife gets back into shape quicker? Music builds balance? Have your wife talk to my wife,two girls born on the lake? Ok tell wife you will sell your system first? Price boat so high that nobody will by it? Say you sold it, but just park it somewhere else and tell wife you are going golfing?
If none of these ideas work for you, let me know, I've got more.