Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-05-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
Hey I have been working on these and have tried 3-4 of them.... for the most part, they turn out like this but sometimes I land with the handle and just can't hold on..... Now the reason I am trying these too fakie is because I was told it is easier to go to fakie and when I first tried it I noticed that when I left the wake, I pulled the handle to my back hip makin me go to switch any way...... Should I try and keep the handle at my front hip or what??? Thanks!!Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-05-2006, 9:16 PM Reply   
.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-05-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-05-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
Without seeing the rest of the pictures, my hypothesis is.... if you take off the wake with the handle far away from you, most of the time you will land with the handle far away from you, therefore ripping it out of your hands. Just like if you take off tail foot heavy, you land tail foot heavy.

Think about it.
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-05-2006, 9:18 PM Reply   
.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-05-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
.Upload
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-05-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
yeah.... I thought about that.... sorry about poor quality : (
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-05-2006, 9:24 PM Reply   
yeah man I say you gotta get that handle in, especially on that trick. If you could rotate more you could land it. If you keep the handle in you'll rotate more.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-05-2006, 9:29 PM Reply   
ahhahaha... sorry Will, but in the very last pic it looks like your arm is flying in the air above the house.

You are throwing it very frontrum-y.... you really need to put weight on your front foot cutting in, and jump off the wake and practically throw your chest forward, and at the same time think about kneeing yourself in the chest with left knee. When I do mine I do it like that, throw the front flip, and then do the revert at the very end.

Try it, its easier. It looks like you are getting lost in the air, and just stop rotating and get a probing. I am assuming you can throw a normal heelside frontflip. Try one, take it extra large almost thinking about overrotating it. And once you see the water again and you are coming down for the landing, do a regular 180 (i.e. let go of left hand, pull right hand/handle to your right hip) and land over your toes.

You are throwing the revert right off the wake and not only does it not look pretty, but its a lot more confusing.
Old    cwbabsolute1080            06-05-2006, 10:02 PM Reply   
wuts up with my possition off the wake.... like heard taht possition off the wkae is everything... where should that handle be...... Even if I try to keep it at my front hip, it doesnt work for me because when I leave the wake I pull the handle across my hips to initiate the flip.... THANKS FOR THE HELP!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-06-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
You need to rock more to your back leg as you come up the wake. The other thing that you have to do for sure, is throw your left ear to your left shoulder, NOT TO YOUR CHEST!!!! Think cartwheel. The fakie portion comes after the roatation not during. You are starting to go to fakey becaue you are throwing your head to yoru chest.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-06-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
yep. you are throwing the 180 way too early. its called a front TO fakie. its alot easier to take big, so pound some red bull and charge.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-06-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Bullalow has it. Throwing your head down is causing you to rotate edge over edge instead of tail over tip. Flip towards the shore instead of the boat.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-06-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
William,
Ever watch a Pro do this in a video? They do what your doing except they go for the grab. They pull the revert right away and then crouch, bringing their knees to their chest and front flip.

You are not landing right cause your not coming all the way around. You slow the flip portion of the trick because you open up! I have the same problem with like 3 tricks similar to this.
Bring the knees to the chest and hold it. When you spot your landing (which I can"t see how you are?) then let your legs down. You can even try doing the flip and trying to dive head first into the water just to make sure you come all the way around. I have been where you are, it is very frustrating!
good luck
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       06-06-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
The best way I can describe doing a heel side front 2 switch is this.

1. Start with a major progressive edge (start very slowly and build all the way to the top of the wake)
2. As you start to ride up the wake put all of the pressure on your back foot and keep your back leg straight
3. As you start to lift off turn your shoulders and throw your forehead to the tip of your board.
4. Reach for a method grab (This will help from going Frantrum)
5. Pull the handle in towards your waist (this will be your back hand and hip)
6. Stay balled up, the rotation to fakie will happen naturally.
7. Spot your landing and ride away

FYI - It was easier for me to learn this trip switch first.