Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (cwbrider16)      Join Date: May 2004       08-03-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
I can't sleep at night because I think about wakeboarding.

Am I alone or do i have a serious problem?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
I used to have nights like that.
Old    wickedwake            08-03-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Im just playing, I know what you mean. And your definetly not the only one!
Old    sierradrinker            08-03-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
I'm up at night thinking about wakeboarding too.
Old    wakecastle            08-03-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
No sleep here either....wakeboard....wakeboard
Old    jetgofish            08-03-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
I was caught once sleeping with my wakeboard...I just came of the the water tossed everything on the bed had dinner laid down with the intention of putting everything away, woke up in the morning huggin a 134 Belmont! I live on the water ... imagine waking up 2 am not being able to sleep because um you are thinking about riding to look out the window to perfect moon lit butter ....

(Message edited by jetgofish on August 03, 2005)
Old    bambamski            08-03-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
I can't sleep either because of wakeboarding.

I'm constantly thinking about it. why because my neck hurts from wakeboarding, my back hurts from wakeboarding, my ankle hurts from wakeboarding, my shoulder hurts from wakeboarding ect ect. See I can't sleep because of boarding too!

Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-03-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
LOL! Teri, that's awesome! Maybe I should try sleeping with my board, you know, like a mental game, to make me better! haha. "Be one with my board." I have to say, my board has been more loyal and given me more satisfaction than some men I've known...
Old    socalgrl79            08-03-2005, 1:43 PM Reply   
Tara,

Hahahahaha! I think pretty much any woman on earth could make that same statement!

-Amy
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-03-2005, 2:06 PM Reply   
... My wakeboard doesn't snore, have bad breath in the morning, or lie to me. haha
Old    socalgrl79            08-03-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
To be fair.. your wakeboard won't make you dinner or hold your hand either!

-Amy
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2005, 2:17 PM Reply   
and doesn't do alot of other things too.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
Amy is on the right track.
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-03-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
Good points.

Amy, way to keep in mind: "Cup half FULL."

(Message edited by gypsy12 on August 03, 2005)
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2005, 2:21 PM Reply   
Tara ~ You need to get out more.... Now that I think about it I was cought sleeping with my Fish at Shasta. hahaha
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-03-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
Bug, I'm just playin' around. I realize there are some great guys out there. I still have hope, even after a nightmare of a guy from last year, I'm not jaded!
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
That's good to hear. I've seen your post and you sound like a cool person. Now I'm sure there are plenty of guys on here that would love to take you out.
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-03-2005, 2:32 PM Reply   
Thanks Bug. There has actually been one taking me out from time to time lately... and so far, he seems like one of the good ones.

By the way, great profile picture!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2005, 2:34 PM Reply   
Amy,

You've got great guy! (not me) You should meet him sometime!! Even I think he is better than a board!
Old     (atlsackedup)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-03-2005, 2:58 PM Reply   
Amy,

You still haven't met Blake?...I thought you guys would be married by now!!!! j/k
Old    jetgofish            08-03-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
I'll have to agree with Tara there are things my board gives me that ah ... okay but Amy you got it better ... I'd rather hold hands with a man and receive his affection and love than getting face plant that my board gives me. Tara, I don't recommend the sleeping with the board thing ... those edges become pretty sharp when you are asleep.

I will have to argue though that a good man is hard to find, I've been unsuccessful!
Old    socalgrl79            08-03-2005, 4:59 PM Reply   
Teri,

I would agree with that, I think good ones are few and far between. However.. I do think they exist.. you just have to look.

-Amy
Old    mtnichols            08-03-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
same here--cant sleep, im hooked
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
We are ALL GOOD,just got to find the one that will put up with your crap.
Old    socalgrl79            08-03-2005, 7:14 PM Reply   
Hahahahaha! Wait.. aren't you single??

-Amy
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-03-2005, 7:19 PM Reply   
I see you haven't lost your sense of humor.

j\k.....good one,I see I have to watch you.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-03-2005, 8:33 PM Reply   
I lose sleep cause I'm always on here, hah
Old    jetgofish            08-04-2005, 8:35 AM Reply   
Amy,

I had a great one for 5 and a half years, let him go because bass fishing took priority ... I turned to wakeboarding and well, I've been single ever since.

It's hard to meet a guy (good or not) when you are on boat. For example I've been on the hot pursuit of this very good looking guy in a red x, but every time I've seen him I've been on a boat loaded down with guys... how or why would he approach me if he doesn't know if I am dating one of those guys and the one time I tried to approach him all my guy friend heckled me! Trying to meet a guy wakeboarding is hard ... I'm sure plenty of guys ask the question "Is she with one of those guys on the boat?" Not knowing, they won't persue, same goes in our case; if a girl is on the boat or several girls how are we to know if they are dating one of the guys? Not like we can run around with neon sign above our heads saying "I'm single and not with him!"

I'm sure I'll bump into the right guy when the time is right ... the last four years have just been lonely!
Old    socalgrl79            08-04-2005, 9:36 AM Reply   
Teri,

I ended a five year relationship last year.. so I'm with you there. Keep your head up, the right guy is there.. who will love everything about you, it's just a matter of time. I feel you though, being lonely sucks.. especially when you're used to having someone there for such a long time.

-Amy
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2005, 9:39 AM Reply   
cry me a river...lol

Just another thing to get used to.
Old    jetgofish            08-04-2005, 9:47 AM Reply   
Jesus Ed, my board is just as cold as you are ... Maybe that's why I stopped sleeping with it. I tell you what though ... I'd rather lose sleep over wakeboarding and lack of being on the water than over a guy. A face plant might hurt, but not nearly as bad a broken heart!

Cry you a river ...again Ed aren't you single??? It's a G - double O D
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2005, 9:53 AM Reply   
Teri ~ you are hilerious.I was J\k plus I got out of a 4 1\2 year relationship myself.I maybe lonely at times but as long as you don't dwell on it....it's not too bad.
Old    socalgrl79            08-04-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
Uh oh!
Old    jetgofish            08-04-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
I know Ed, I was just giving you shiver back! Breaking up isn't easy ... trust me I'm not dwelling on the past ... but tell me when you see a hot girl in a boat with guys, would you or would you not approach her? What's your take on that?
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-04-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
Unless she is waving her hands and does a gainer of the ski step ....Probably not,tho I will look and maybe even stare if she is trying to make eye contact and is a hottie.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-04-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
all i gotta say is i go to bed thinking of my last ride, what was right or wrong with it, dream about it and than wake up wondering if its a ride day or not. and on the other note i think i like my board better than my girl, although she may spank me once in a while (the board) she never complains about me spending too much time on the boat, dosen't b@#ch, nag or complain at me and always listens to me when ive had a long day
Old    7ftdubup            08-04-2005, 2:20 PM Reply   
didnt have a problem till last night, appreciate the post.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-05-2005, 11:32 PM Reply   
I have the disease, and anyone that knows me would probably agree. My life revolves around my boat, boarding, and my crew. Work just gets in the way. I lay in bed at night and think of nothing (well,almost) but boarding. Here I am at almost midnight, debating on getting up at 5AM and driving to the X Games, or hooking up the boat and hit the lake. Man, this is going to keep me up for a while. Happens all the time though. I am even trying to get a job in the boat/boarding area. I need sleep!! No, I need to load stuff in the boat so I can get an early start for the lake. No, I need to load up stuff for a drive to the X Games AAahhhh! See what I mean. I need sleeping pills! j/k
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       08-06-2005, 1:01 AM Reply   
Remember what I taught you in our last session Buzz....baby steps buddy baby steps. I just sold my boat do to a divorce...it was sad watching it dissapear down the road with it's new family..........
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-07-2005, 3:18 PM Reply   
Dude! That sucks! What a nightmare.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-07-2005, 5:57 PM Reply   
take an ambien