Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (jase_f)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-25-2004, 11:39 AM Reply   
I have a friend who is interested in purchasing an X-9 (04 or 05). Does anyone have any feedback on the wake of this boat. He has purchased a lot on a private ski lake and they do not allow V-drives so the X star, x-2, etc. are out of the question.
Old    austinb            06-25-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
We have been very happy with our X9. We have slalom skiers and wakeboarders in the family, it works out great for us. With the ballast full and 5 or 6 people in the boat the wake is fine for our skill level (novice to advanced).
Old    sandman            06-25-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
I have a buddy with an X-9. It is a nice boat and puts out a decent wake. The only thing I don't like is that to fill the rear fat sack you have to rotate the rear seat into the sundeck position. Seating capacity goes way down.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-25-2004, 8:15 PM Reply   
I owned a 2001 X-9. What does your friend want to use it for? That answer will help a LOT in assessing the X-9's fit!
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       06-25-2004, 8:50 PM Reply   
not huge, but nice. There's a ton of room inside the boat also. Fill the balasts and put some fat butts in the back (ha-ha) and it's pretty good. It's no v-drive, but it works for us! When the balasts are full there's no seats in the rear, kinda lame. We just fill ours up to the seat...not all the way, and call it good.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-25-2004, 9:07 PM Reply   
we're gonna wakeboard and wakeskate. alot, i hope

Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-28-2004, 6:21 PM Reply   
I like my wake..have rode with buddies who have Wakesetter, x 10 and 04 x star..and the transition is not huge between them all...the 9 really holds it's own as an extremely universal boat.
With fullballast and people it's great for riding..Really nice to slalom behind as well..with no ballast of course..ha ha..tracks well through the course and shortline wakes are sweet..
Old     (macdaddy)      Join Date: May 2004       06-28-2004, 7:06 PM Reply   
yo jase i could snap a few shots of the wake behind my X9 this weekend if you want. I could take one at 21.5 and one at 33 so you can see both board and ski!.....let me know if it would be helpfull
Old     (jase_f)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-30-2004, 10:26 AM Reply   
That would be great.
Old    akman            06-30-2004, 11:37 AM Reply   
Jase, If you are going to board then I would sack it down big time, I had a Prostar 209 same boat as the X9 just without the graphics.

I ran my boat with 2400lbs of total ballast, I built a false floor in the rear storage locker and plumbed a 500lb sack into it. I also had over 700lbs of lead hidden in the boat, some in the bow some in the rear locker along the sides of the gas tank.

The back seat was useless in my opinion so we would put a low riding beach chair right behind the driver so we could ride with more people.

Here is a picture of the wake with 2400lbs of ballast plus 5 people in the boat. The rider is Arun Francis and the picture was taken at Lake Nacimiento.

Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-30-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
damn that wake looks nice!!