Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-20-2005, 6:04 AM Reply   
The instructions on the back of the SR80 box aren't very detailed. Can someone else please help?
Old    josh_tn            05-20-2005, 6:36 AM Reply   
If it is the same as the SR200 then the 2 big posts will go to your alternator and your secondary battery(s). One small post runs to your ignition wire and the other small post goes to ground.

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-20-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Where does the primary battery get its charge from?
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-20-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
mine is hooked up differnt....I have a one wire alt adn my alt is hooked straight to my main battery. I forget how my deep cycle and main are hooked to the relay. I knwo josh has the ground and ignition right, but I believe I have both positives hooked to the realy...could be wrong? go to the manufactures website....they have links to authorized retailers...call and ask. or call stinger directly.
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-20-2005, 1:08 PM Reply   
adam curtis is correct. here's the install diagram:

http://www.stingerelectronics.com/tech_department/sr200_sr80%20diagram.pdf

big posts to the positive on the batteries, small post to ground, and small post to ignition wire that is hot only when running. i spliced into a wire with one of those napa parts that you snap onto the wire, very easy. a multimeter will tell you which wire to pick.
Old     (bdavis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-20-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
Is that a relay to switch batteries? Instead of using the large dial type selector switch?
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-20-2005, 5:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Salty, that explains it better!

I apologize for being undereducated, but where does the power from the alternator hook in?

Brett - yes that is a relay that automatically isolates your starting battery from the stereo draw when the engine is off, but charges all batteries when the engine is running. This is different from a perko switch.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on May 20, 2005)
Old    josh_tn            05-23-2005, 7:51 AM Reply   
What I said was correct. It can be done that way or the way Adam said. They are both the same. One side of the relay is connected to the alternator and the starting battery. Or you can connect the alternator and the relay to the starting battery. It is electrically the same either way. Just depends on whether you want to have two cables connected to the relay or to the starting battery.
Hope that made sense.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-23-2005, 8:57 AM Reply   
i connected the small post to the ignition switch and the other small post (negative) to the negative on my main battery. My main battery has the alternator connected to it (I guess, since i just kept the original black and red cables from the boat on that battery).

The large post on the relay -- one goes to the positive on the main battery, the other goes to the positive on the stero battery.

The negative on the stereo battery goes to the negative on the main battery.

I hope all this is correct. I haven't started the boat since the installation.