Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (abouda)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-10-2010, 4:04 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about buying the new 2010 murray bio core but i was just worried about the pop since it's a (subtle) 3 stage rocker, i was also wondering if it's suitable for a beginner.
Old     (abouda)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-10-2010, 4:11 AM Reply   
i would also appreciate it if someone could recommend a pair of bindings since i'm a beginner and basically clueless. I was thinking about the 2009 hyperlite marek??
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-10-2010, 4:59 AM Reply   
Hi Abdelkader,
The Murray board, while a subtle 3 stage is still very user friendly...as all Shaun's boards have been. I don't think you'll have any issues with it at all. Boot wise, I would suggest doing something much less stiff if you are a beginner. You will want something you can get into / out of easy and if you are not doing inverts you simply will not need the stiffness / support of a pro model boot. I would suggest Sprints or Focus boots from Hyperlite, Ronix Divide or District Boots or Liquid Force Domain or Index Boots. Hope this helps.

Bill @ www.perfski.com
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-10-2010, 6:22 AM Reply   
Abdelkadernaderbaderhader,
Listen to Bill. Do not let the convo go any further or take anyone elses advice. He owns and operates probably the most famous wakeboard shop in the world and knows his product in, out and upside down. He deals with fitting beginners every day and knows what works the best for them. The only suggestion I would make is to order your bindings from him at performance ski and surf. The website like Bill posted above is www.perfski.com. There is no store with the customer service like performance, and the employees know the product and will not just try and stick you in the most expensive binding just to make a sale. They will put you in the CORRECT bindings. Because performance does so much business, if you have a problem with your equipment, they will replace it for you right then and there instead of sending your board back to the company and wait for them to send it back (which would take weeks and weeks).
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-10-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
Plus Bill's just a really nice guy.
Old     (mexicoblue)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-11-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
+1 on PerfSki
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-14-2010, 9:29 PM Reply   
Yeah Murray board rocks and I would go with the Audio boots.