Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-23-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Anyone know where a good place to get one is?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-23-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
MC Dealer is probably the only place.
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
I had to order mine through the dealership. Not sure where else you could get one because of matching the interior colors.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-23-2008, 1:03 PM Reply   
price?
Old     (wakechic82)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-23-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
I wanna say around $500, but I can't remember exactly.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-23-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
500 for just the bow filler??? if that's true.... then i'm glad mine came with the boat. you can make one cheaper than that!
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-23-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
Just got some prices from a couple Northern CA Dealerships. Copes - $395+tax Norcal - 270+tax. Only draw back is both places have to order and it takes about 4-5 weeks.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-23-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
Can't you just make a cardboard pattern and take it to an upholstry shop? You should be able to make your own support plate. However, I'm kind of a DIY guy.
Old     (spoondog)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-23-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
Can I see some photos of seat cusions to see how I would build a support plate. I'm not sure how they are even constructed. Is it like a stool that slides into place or a board that i just slide across the bow. I'm thinkin about the DIY way.

Paul, sick lookin prostar. one of the cleanest i've seen. Is it as good lookin in person or is it the water makin her shine?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-23-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
Paul, were you down at the Masterbash on Cumberland last weekend? If so I can say that the boat looks better in person than in his profile pic. It is beautiful. By the way, my boat was the all white X2.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2008, 5:16 AM Reply   
Mike,

What year X2? Our 205v filler plate is just that...a plate. No support underneath. Is there a lip that runs around the top of the bow walkway area? If so, that's where the plate goes/sets. If not, on our current '04 205v and former '02 X10 MC used two support blocks (on each side) that bolted thru the walkway walls at set down the thickness of the plate.

The actual cushion is vinyl top and sides, but somekind of fabric with a zipper on the bottom.

Thanks for the compliment on the our ride. I'm sure the water helps (kinda how a car looks better sitting in grass), but the shine is pretty much legit.

Adam...that was us! Shoulda said 'hey'! I hope you didn't move on account of us dropping anchor. Loved the clean look of your X2!

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on July 24, 2008)
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2008, 5:44 AM Reply   
Mike,
Here are some photos with what I have experienced. Hopefully they'll help in your planning if you decide to do a DIY.

Let me know what year your X2 is (new hull or 205v hull) and we'll move from there.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2008, 5:50 AM Reply   
Or just go all the way and fill the bow with a bow filler sub box. Get your seat base and some thump! I love the one I made.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
Oops...forgot picture
Upload
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-24-2008, 6:01 AM Reply   
Paul, great photos. maybe it will inspire me to make a filler cushion for my X2. What material did you use for the base? Thanks for the compliments on my boat. I'm sorry i missed saying hey last weekend. I'm sure I probably walked right past you on the dock that evening. You planning on coming down to Center Hill this weekend? Should be another fun time.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       07-24-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
Mine came with the base, but the sub is epoxy sealed (inside and out) MDF. The stock base material slips my mind right now (maybe King Starboard), but is that plastic board they use in many marine applications.

No Center Hill this weekend. It's cleanup time from last weekend (towed thru rain on way back) and prep time for our weeklong houseboat trip on Norris the weekend after this. Have a great time!
Old     (sinister_designs)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-25-2008, 12:42 AM Reply   
Sorry for hijack but does anyone have this info to suit a 06 X2
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-31-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
on an 06 the cooler is under the seat (not so cool when you have a load of people in the boat) so this is what I did to relocate the cooler in the bow. It just so happens that the cooler is the perfect size to fit in the space... A little foam, plywood, vinyl, piping, and fastners and blam! Its the perfect height and the cooler is much more convient now.

Upload

I did have to move the hinges from the back to the side to allow for opening and I added a couple of strips of the rough side of velcro to the bottom of the cooler to keep it in place on the carpet.... otherwise it works great!
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-31-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
I ordered mine from mastercraft to fit an 205 hull, I think i told them for an X1. they argued but it fits perfect in my 99 x-star. I think I paid roughly 120 shipped, but dont hold me to that. I built a sub box like Pauls so the pad sits directly on top of it. Thanks for the help paul.
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-31-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
Also try Jim Friant in Tennessee, He use to work for MC doing Uholstery but works out of his home now. He may be able to build one for you. He did a fantastic job on a seat of mine , great work and cheap.
JIm Friant 865-679-2246
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-31-2008, 5:08 PM Reply   
thanks brad! did you call Mastercraft directly at the factory? if so do you have the number? My mom lives close to the factory , maybe i can go pick it up while i am down for a visit!
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-31-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
Just went thru my local dealer, but try Jim first I bet you can get it cheaper.