Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old    masterpainter            01-19-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
Has anyone actually seen one of these in the water or ridden behind one? At the boat show, the bottom of the hull was covered by some kind of drape thingy, so no comparison there. Some of the ideas seemed pretty cool though, like most of the seats facing rearward and at staggered heights. I know I wouldn't want to watch DVDs or hit the playstation, but having a digi cam on the tower and replaying some stuff at the end of the day or between runs would be OK. The fold up transom seats look like they would be fun to ride in even if nobody was behind the boat. All I could get out of the salesman was " it was purpose built to have the biggest, baddest wake ever, blah blah blah...". I told him that was what every manufacturer says and he just got all defensive but invited me up for demo day in a few weeks when it gets warmer here.

Just curious as to what everyone's impression was/is and if anyone has actually ridden behind this thing. The dealer said that plenty of people have been riding behind it in Florida at a wakeboarding school, but the interview I read with Hansen seemed like it was written by some ad exec in New York, not a discussion with a wakeboarder. List is supposed to be about $45K and that was the only thing constructive I got out of them.