Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-09-2004, 6:39 PM Reply   
I went to the local board shop after work. I started talking to some guys there and the shop owner. I lost track of time and forget to pick up my dad from work. I was an hour late and now im grounded from wakeboarding for 2 weeks. It just so happens the local amateur comp is next week. Even if I enter, I will suck because of no practice for 2 weeks.
Old    swass            07-09-2004, 6:51 PM Reply   
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Don't do it.

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-09-2004, 10:52 PM Reply   
2 weeks just for an hour, its not like you did it on perpose.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2004, 9:01 AM Reply   
I know. Now because of this, my friend is also going to suck in competition. Not to mention that I am just going to get fat and worthless on my weekends now.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2004, 11:08 AM Reply   
Guess you won't be late again.
Old     (gnarkill)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-10-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
Leo keep your head up, turning to addictive drugs at this time would be a perfect choice. Then your father with out a car will have something to really ground you over. Why don’t you tell the old man to sell that fancy A$$ boat of yours so he can buy a dependable ride to work, I don’t know if that is a car or semi truck or airboat you know whatever the hell you guys in Louisianaville drive and tell him to stop relying on his irresponsible teenage son to pick him up.

Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
hahahaha, yea turkish. Actually I work about 15 minutes past where my dad works. So i pick him up on the way home (plus I dont have a drivers license and can't drive without an adult). I am not really supposed to be driving by myself, but I have to work if I want to pay for boat gas. I wont be late again, that is for sure. Because I am not allowed to go anywhere except work in my car. So no more solo trips to the board shop.
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2004, 11:21 AM Reply   
Pops sounds like a hard ass, tell him to loosen up a little, he's taking years off his life being wound so tight.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-10-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
wow d-money. you know my dad really well. He is really cool and lets me do a lot. He bought a comp ski boat so we could wakeboard. Its just that sometimes he gets pissed off at small things. We tell him to cool down and it makes him more angry. Fortunately my dad undid my punishment. We are going to ride tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to tweak my skills for the am competition coming up.
Old    nooner            07-12-2004, 5:01 AM Reply   
I would be pissed too if my ride was over an Hour late. Probably seemed like 4 hrs to him standing there waiting. He was probably worried something happened to you. I dont think he was too hard on you. I would have whooped your behind on top of that if you were my son
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-12-2004, 7:14 AM Reply   
...and we wonder why kids don't respect authority these days...

Quit whining and take responsibility for your actions!!!
Old     (mx21)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-12-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
Because I am not allowed to go anywhere except work in my car. So no more solo trips to the board shop.

--- HMMMM, maybe it wasn't just being late.

I would ground the both of you. Your Dad is taking on a HUGE liability in letting you drive around without a license. Of course if you get in a wreck, I guess he could claim you stole the car, sending you to prison and him }being able to keep his house, boat, etc.