Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-27-2006, 7:21 AM Reply   
Any boarders in Minnesota?

I'm going to be visiting for some job training this june, and was hopeing i could meet up with some people to board.

I'll only be there for 2 weeks but i thought it would be cool to see if there was anyone i could board with.
Old    tensionwake            03-29-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
when you coming? Everything is still frozen.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-29-2006, 9:33 PM Reply   
you can ride with me. I live in the Twin Cities, but I know people who ride in Winona. When are you gunna be in town????
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-30-2006, 5:19 AM Reply   
I'm not quite sure when i'm going. I'm graduating in april, and as soon as i'm done i will be working full time. My work is sending me for training sometime after i start.

So it could be anytime between may-july. I know that it will be too cold probably till at least late may, early june.

I hear that the training is quite boring and i don't want to miss out on wakeboarding by being away from home, so i would appreciate it alot if i could ride with someone.

If i know ahead of time i can bring my equipment, and no worries i never ride without paying out for gas.

Andy: If you want to email me some contact info i can let you know when i will be going to Minnesota in the next month or so...

Thanks

Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-30-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Andy, did you ever get my message about the wakeboarding doc that were shooting this summer? If anything we should get together and ride this summer. I am in the twin cities as well.
Old     (petertjr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-30-2006, 2:38 PM Reply   
How far is Twin Cities from Winona?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-30-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
not close, like 3 hours i think
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-06-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
Have you checked out the wakeboard club at winona state?? I don't know if they have there crap together, but I know they were trying to get something going, it is where I found some people to ride with....To the cities it is two hours or less..depending on how you drive,,and traffic..

I am going to be in winona the 13 - 16, and I know it will be cold as ....but i am going to try to get out...Shoot me a email....tollefson12@hotmail.com

PS...I would make the drive to the cities to ride with Andy in a heart beat...You can really learn a lot...and hit a huge wake...

Andy do you have the boat out yet??
Old     (wakinali)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Peter, my husband and I live in Winona and ride a lot. If you want to hit us up, we are always looking to ride with cool new people. As long as you don't mind baby-on-board. I am due early June, but after that it's on again! We ride behind an '05 Centurion Lightning ~

Andy - What's up, how was Cali this winter?

Alison
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-26-2006, 8:49 PM Reply   
Alison- How is riding on the Mississippi? We ride on the St. Croix sometimes, but never venture into the Mississippi.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-26-2006, 9:26 PM Reply   
alison

super rad. have you gone out riding yet???
Old     (wakinali)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-27-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
The muddy miss is a sweet place to ride - we are also surrounded by bluffs. We don't mess with the current too much because we ride in the backwaters, but on calm days we will kick it right down the main channel!

Andy, haven't been ridin yet - you haven't heard, but my husband and I are havin a kid in a month - but when that's all over, you better know that I will out there soon! I have big plans for this summer - We'll have to get to gether and ride again! Maybe in Winona?
Old     (wakinali)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-28-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Hey all - I went riding last night - first of the season and i am 8 1/2 months pregnant! AHH - just wanted to prep baby for life with the campbells. It was awesome, but no wet or dry suit so really cold (water temp 58 degrees). Couldn't do the usual out there, but the view of the wake behind the boat was enough for me! 1 more month ~ Later --
Old     (jon_tollefson)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-28-2006, 8:56 AM Reply   
thats what I am talking about ali....Jealous.....Going to hit it up tomarrow..can't wait, Did you go to PI?