Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-06-2009, 7:39 PM Reply   
Sparky,

I am pro less government in regards to most things, but I do believe that health care for all should be a right. Having said that, we don't live in a country where that takes place. My response to your post was in regards to the way you expect that you should get health care without having to pay for it, similar to the way Canada does it. If you took a look at that type of system, what happens is you really do pay for it...through much higher taxes.

Our current system actually benefits you. With no health insurance, you can break your leg, go to the ER, have it fixed, and when the $100k bill comes...you don't have to pay it. You can file for bankrupcy and other than screwing up your credit...it doesn't cost you anything...you just pass the buck to the other hospital bill paying patients.

As far as calling insurance legalized gambling...that is crazy. You have to protect yourself, and to relate it to gambling is stupid. Think about it, some people ruin their lives because they gamble way too much, but with insurance, some people ruin their lives cuz the don't have insurance...or like you insist...they don't gamble. That doesn't make any sense.

And that is where we get to the issue of being selfish. Let me quote you "Call me selfish if you want, I couldn't care less, I'm living my life, declaration page or not." I could not think of a more selfish statement to make.

I don't know, why should you care? If you fail to make your hospital payments you are only screwing the hospital, and all its paying clients, but who cares about them. I guess this country, privately owned hospitals, and people who pay their hospital bills owe you a living and free health care.

In fact it is really stupid when health care isn't that expensive, at least for the majority of the people in this country.