Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-04-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
Ben, religion is a funny thing. One would think that if it was simply some made-up story, that it would die off through the centuries, just like many old stories certainly have. You ever notice there arent many threads in here regarding the time it took for the big bang to occur? There is no way for us to know and doesnt affect us one way or another so it wouldnt get many replies anyway. Yet, when a religious topic comes up, everyone posts, from the holy rollers, to the athiests, agnostics, and diests.

Is it genetic as suggested above? Well, believing in a fictional character to cope with life is a weakness, and doesnt evolution tell us that weak genes are weeded out in natural selection? Certainly the weak religion gene would have been gone centuries ago.

I wouldnt go looking for the "right religion". I would first start at the simplest place. Why do you, me, and everyone else feel compelled to look? What is so relevant about religion that you would take the time to blog about your concern? What would compel those who believe to comment, and what would compel those who do not believe to bother with those who do?

I do not have all the answers, but if you are looking for something you can witness first hand, just watch this message board (or any board for that matter). Its amazing how important it is for everyone to make statements to make them feel better about where they stand religiously. Ask youself what compells those with no dog in this hunt (including yourself) to waste any time thinking about it, and you'll be headed in the right direction.