Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-24-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
Has anyone else had their Byerly boa speed dial fall off? (2005 model) Mine came off in the water I'm hoping hyperlite will send me a new one or let me buy one.
Old     (elantz)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-24-2006, 9:16 AM Reply   
Yep. I have a set of 05 Byerlys and on the second time out the knob fell off while in the board rack. One of our chicks actually saw it fly off and land in the water. Gone:-( I called Hyperlite and they sent me two complete boa kits. It took about 1 week to get. I use a very small amount of blue locktite on the treads of the small screw before putting the knobs back on and no problems so far. They have stayed on for about 6 months riding 1-2 times a week. I check them once in a while, but their always tight.
Old     (mo_scrilla)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-24-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
Mine came off and my board shop gave me like 4 replacements. That is why I buy all my stuff from a Good Boat Dealer and Board shop ...Coustomer service!
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-24-2006, 5:53 PM Reply   
Hey Rob,
Take the to the shop you got them and they should be able to fix them easily for you...as long as you don't have any corrosion issues from salt water. I agree with Mo Scrilla....buy from a good pro shop. They'll solve your issues and get you on the water faster. Bill @ Performance
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-24-2006, 7:18 PM Reply   
Check/re-tighten all three set screws on both bindings when you first get em and you won't have any problems.
Old     (wakedestroyer)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-25-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
One mine came off after a hard fall. So I called hyperlite they sent me about 15 of them... havent needed to replace another one yet though.