Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 03, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-22-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
we rode in vegas over the weekend. we didnt do anything exciting on the water. board slides, ollies. . no tower and a small wake. but anyways. we where driving back to SF and it was snowing in the mountains. we got out of the truck to get gas. and my board and my dads board where covered in snow. the binding has about half inch inside of them. it was pretty funny actually.

Quick question about the lyman. does it make a big difference with out the removable fins? i havnt tried riding with them out. i dont want to waste a set with out them to find out it is terrible. haha.

AND HERE IS THE BEST PART!!! i finally broke my dad off power turning. i finally convinced him how much they are a pain in the ass. he just said as im typing this "i quit doing power turns because everyone wants me to stop doing them because it disturbs the lake. even though i like getting back the rider quickly but ill stop for the well being of the lake"

lmao. i thought it was funny and i figured id share
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-22-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
what did you do to get him off i need to get my dad off them next time we go out.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-22-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
i yell at him pretty much every time he does it. and i made him read all the stuff people post on here about power turns
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-22-2009, 8:14 PM Reply   
I rode my Lyman at Odub without the fins, completely trashed the bottom of the board after three days, buuttttt, I loved it without them. I actually thought the board was too tight without them, or at least, that it was tighter than my Watson. Haven't tried it behind the boat though...
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-22-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
ya the watson is way to tight for me. even with out the center fin. i guess ill try it with out the fins on my lyman
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-23-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
Ehhh I would probably not take the fins off the lyman. The molded fins are pretty small and it seems like those side fins would make a big difference in the ride.