Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-16-2005, 12:07 PM Reply   
These are pretty much the two boats I've narrowed down my decision to. The both fit the price range I like and the features I am looking for. I haven't been able to test back to back so I am looking for any opinions to round out my research while I wait for a great deal.

Thanks
Old    mendo247            09-16-2005, 12:14 PM Reply   
im a huge sanger fan, you will love that boat! that being said the nautique will hold its value better and is also a awesome boat...
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-16-2005, 12:16 PM Reply   
Both are great boats, the Sanger drives better with extra weight in them and better rough water ride. Both can put out a sick wake.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-19-2005, 11:33 AM Reply   
I don't know anything about the Sanger, but I have a 95 SS and love it. Amazing wake and the boat does great with a ton of weight in it. You can't go wrong with the SS.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-19-2005, 11:39 AM Reply   
If its a V drive Nautique then you will be happy with both, but if it is a SS direct drive go with the sanger. The Nautique sits a little higher in the water when weighted down. When you weight the sanger you need to be careful the nose will dip and you will end up with a boat load of water. They wake are very close to each other.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-19-2005, 11:53 AM Reply   
My buddy sold his Sanger V-210 after riding behind my SAN 210. The Nautique has more freeboard and can handle substantially more weight.
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-19-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
the SS is only a vdrive. if it's a dd it's a regular sport
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-19-2005, 1:34 PM Reply   
Dollars to dollars and in the same condition I would got for the Nautique. Chances are, though, that the Sanger will be cheaper for a newer and nicer boat. I think that relects the higher original price of the Super Sport and the great resale that Nautiques have.

They will both have great wakes. I actually kinda like the Sanger shape because it has a little more transition, but the Sanger will need more weight and sit lower when fully ballasted.

For some reason (of the boats I've been behind) the Sangers seem to get out of the hole really well and they also handle better fully loaded than any boat I've driven.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-26-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
I've been looking (online) at quite a few. It seems all the deals are in Norcal so I gotta do as much homework as I can before I head down.

The sangers are definitey less expensive for the same boat but the interiors seem very dated. I am leaning towards a nice, clean '96 SS with 225 hrs at around 21k.............
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-26-2005, 5:32 PM Reply   
Giles,
Where are you out of? If your ever out this way hit me up, your more than welcome to come out and ride and drive my V210 and see what you think.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-26-2005, 5:55 PM Reply   
I've also noticed that Super Sports are far and few between. People seem to hang on to em. My next boat will be a V210 or Super Air/Super Sport. I'm on my second DD Sanger right now, they're great boats.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-26-2005, 10:30 PM Reply   
Charles, I'm around Vancouver, WA. Mostly ride at Lake Merwin or Swift. Occasionally hit the river. I will probably be headed your way in the next week or so. That's where all the boats are. I am waiting on pics of a '96 v210 from the Sac area...........
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-27-2005, 5:25 AM Reply   
I don't know much about the sanger's, not too many around the midwest. I do have a 97 super sport and love it. The wake is big and peaky, I think there is enough transition. I run 700 a side next to the engine, 650 in the locker and 250 in lead all the way tucked up in the nose. The sacs are all the fly high pro x series and fit like they were made for it. The boat handles great even in the chop. If you have any specific questions let me know.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-27-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
Giles
make sure you bring your gear, get in a pull or two while you are here
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-03-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
I have a mint condition 03/04 60hrs loaded sanger V210 for sale....email me at BHahbib7@aol.com for more details....

id post pics but im too lazy to resize them, loaded boat, comes with 05 hyperlite gear, ballast, ppass etc...33k ready to roll
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-03-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
Stan, how cumbersome is the single back hatch? I'm not sure how much I like the fact that it isn't seperate, seems like getting stuff in and out would be a pain.

Charles, will do.

Todd, I've capped myself at $25k. Sounds like a sweet boat, though...............
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-03-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
It really isn't a pain at all because I don't ever put anyting back there. I basically moved the batteries out of there and put sacs back in the area. when the sacs are full there isn't much room for anything else to go there. I also took out the electric lift arm on the starboard side and just lift it by hand if I want to get in there. I moved the batteries and lift arm to optimize the area for sacs. I don't care too much about storage, more about the wake. One rule my wife gave when I bought the boat was no sacs were to be visible. I managed to get 2300lbs of weight in it all hidden between sacs and lead. Here are a couple of pics of the back area. The lift arm is no longer there, I just had it in when I was working on it to keep the hatch up. When I need to keep the hatch up for changing oil and working on the engine I just have a prop stick I put in to hold it up.

Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-05-2005, 10:13 AM Reply   
Stan, looks good. How much $ do you figure on having into your ballast system? I am trying to come up with a total cost for my upgrades if I pick up a SS I'm looking at. It's like new with 225hrs but completely stock. trying to decide if it's still a good deal once I upgrade what's needed.........
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-05-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
If you end up in the sac area to look at one let me know. I have a 95 SS with a FCT, ballast and PP. We've been camping at Rollins on the weekend, which is in the Colfax/Grass Valley/ Nevada City area. I think the boat you mentioned earlier is in NC, so we could possibly meet up and you could check mine out and get a pull. We run it with right around 2500 lbs.
Old     (goodtime)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-10-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
60hrs loaded, tons of more extras not pictured
bhahbib7@aol.com for more info
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-10-2005, 6:40 PM Reply   
Todd, sweet Sanger. If you'd take 25k I'd be on the road tommorrow with cash in hand!...........
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-11-2005, 3:16 AM Reply   
Giles,
I bought mine completely stock this past winter and probably stuck around 5k into it. That was for ballast, tower, racks, heater, and stereo. I would say the ballast portion was around 900-1000 by the time I bought the sacs, pumps and all the other misc. connectors, switches and hoses. The misc stuff adds up pretty quick.
Also it will depend on what tower and stuff you go with. I think the flight controls are pretty expensive. I went with a titan series 1. Mainly because I have to fold it down after every use.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
Change of plans. Came across a 1998 Malibu VLX loaded with 250hrs in excellent shape. Going to pick it up next week. Thanks for all the info, it was appreciated. Just couldn't turn down this deal..............
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-14-2005, 12:10 AM Reply   
Giles
Also a good choice, offer still stands. If your ever down this way hit me up.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-14-2005, 6:21 AM Reply   
Giles,
Good choice. that was the other boat I was going to buy. I came across my super sport first so bought it. The VLX and the Super Sport were the two boats that I found to be the best wake in my opinion around the price range I could afford. Good luck with the new ride.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-15-2005, 6:43 PM Reply   
anyone know what new Sanger V210's start at?
Old    bld            10-17-2005, 6:47 PM Reply   
I dont know why you are even looking at a sanger... If you can afford a Nautique, you should buy the Nautique. It is a way better built and will last forever. The sanger will last 10 years or so then the resale sucks, I mean really sucks. Thoes boats are a dime a dozen. You may as well save your money and buy a used sanger, there a lot cheaper.
If you are compairing the 2, you sould be compairing MasterCraft and Nautique.
Thats apples to apples.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-17-2005, 9:50 PM Reply   
Awesome first post!!! I don't even know how to follow that one up. You're right though dime a dozen those Sangers
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-17-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
Question for anyone who has recently sold a Sanger? Tough to sell, did it hold its value, and would you buy another? Thanks!
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-17-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
I sold my 92 DXII the first week I posted it. I got good money I might add. They hold good value and out of all the boats Sangers are hard to find, people just seem to hang on to them.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-18-2005, 4:32 AM Reply   
bld, talk about having your head in your ARSE!!
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-18-2005, 9:09 AM Reply   
Tracy;
Let your fingers do the walking and open up a boat trader and see how many Sanger’s are for sale vs. the other boats. Even in Sanger homeland Central Cali Not many Sanger’s for sale. Most if you find them are close bow DD that are being sold to buy new ones. BLD wouldn't know apples if he was in the orchard.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-18-2005, 9:13 AM Reply   
Yeah, did that and not many Sangers for sale in So Cal Boat Trader...couple on-line but that's it. Wanted to get some feedback from people what have recently sold and how well the Sanger held its value. Thx
Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       10-18-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
I sold My 96 DXII closed bow in 2004 and a guy from South Dakota bought it for 16,000. I consider that pretty good value for a boat that was 26,000 OTD brand new in 96. Not to mention he was happy to drive the 1800 mile to pick it up and drive back home.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-18-2005, 9:28 AM Reply   
Let me start by saying, you'd never be sorry about buying the Sanger. That dude BLD has his head up his backside. I have never owned one, but have friends and family that do. Also try finding a Sanger owner with a bad experience, or horror story. Not many out there. Most of the bad things said about Sangers are people from back east, who have never even seen a Sanger. I've always kinda thought of Sanger as the Harley of ski boats. The owners are very brand loyal.

But I will disagree with those that say they are hard to find. I was looking for a boat a few months ago, and had no problem finding used v210s to look at. I couldn't find a malibu VLX or nautique SS. Plenty of listings, all sold by the time I called. Looking for a used boat can be frustrating. Many are sold the day boattrader hits the stands, and the ones that don't are overpriced or beat down.

A Sanger Vdrive will hold it's value fine. The secret to resale is keeping your boat mint. Also, look at it from a buying price - selling price point of view. A used Sanger may sell for less then a CC, but that CC cost alot more to start with.

Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-18-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
Had I found a nice V210 for a reasonable price I would've bought it. The only thing that I didn't like about them was on the older ones the interior was very dated. It made it hard to justify anything but a rock bottom deal. I missed a sweet deal posted on here by a week and am still kicking myself!
I did find that while I saw quite a few V210's "on the market" very few seemed to truly be "for sale"...............
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-18-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
The problem I had with used 210s was they had carb engines or were beat and needed major cleaning/repairs. I found a really clean 99 locally, with a tower, 200 hours ad said fuel injected - for 19K. I figured screaming deal, looked at it and it had a carbed 260 HP merc. Still a good deal, but I really wanted a stronger engine.