Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-19-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
if your going to go through the trouble to where a comp vest why not just where a shirt or nothing
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-19-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
for padding I guess
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-19-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
i just think its kinda stupid why spend 50$ on a composit vest when u can just use a shirt
Old     (waketx05)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-19-2008, 9:52 PM Reply   
they do help you float to an extent.. some better than others... but they dont meet the USCG standards for keeping a certain weight afloat or pulling a submerged weight in a certain amount of time to the surface
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-19-2008, 9:55 PM Reply   
'comp' = competition not composite
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2008, 10:14 PM Reply   
it hurts when you fall vestless. the water slaps. also it still floats you so you dont have to swim. much more comfortable
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-19-2008, 10:58 PM Reply   
opps sorry about that so is the extra comfort and mobility worth the occassional ticket
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-19-2008, 11:09 PM Reply   
a sherrif isnt going to pull you over if you have any vest on. how would he know if it was or not unless he saw tag. ive never gotten a ticket for it.
Old     (eviltweak)      Join Date: Jun 2008       07-19-2008, 11:11 PM Reply   
ive herd of people getting pulled over i was just wondering
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-20-2008, 4:02 PM Reply   
for the most part you're not going to get a ticket unless it's some crazy a$$ that has nothing better to do than check to see if all your vests are CGA or not. The I wear a Jet Pilot Core which is the thinnest CGA vest I could find and it floats perfectly. I don't wear comp vests because I usually ride at the lake and with a comp vest on (at least the ones I've worn) I barely float at all. I don't mind wearing one when I'm winching though but I usually winch in 3-6' deep water so it's not that bad

(Message edited by lovin_the_wake on July 20, 2008)
Old     (skateonwater564)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-29-2008, 2:13 AM Reply   
the dont squeeze you as much as cga vests will they are soo much more comfortable, and riding without a vest can be a hassle. if the board floats away on a fall or something along those lines swimming to it is much easier in any vest.