Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (atx_supra_ssv)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
Anyone replaced their paddle wheel? How hard is it to access the wheel? Any help would be appreciated.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            08-07-2009, 1:17 PM Reply   
Are you moving your paddle wheel or just replacing one? If just replacing one it is very easy.... You will see once you dig into it.
Old     (atx_supra_ssv)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-07-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
Only replacing. I guess there is an access panel in the floor?
Old    pdxWAKE.com            08-07-2009, 2:51 PM Reply   
Should be... depends on the year and length of your supra, but should be pretty easy...
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-07-2009, 2:53 PM Reply   
I assume you are replacing it in a 2007 22SSV. Take out your rear bench seat and remove the little cooler covering the v-drive. Facing the back of the boat, the paddlewheel should be almost under your v-drive, slightly to the right. Just unscrew it and pull it out. Simple as that.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-09-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
I replaced my paddle wheel assembly in five minutes on my '05 24SSV. You just take the small cooler out above the v-drive unit (you could additionally take out the small piece of flooring in front of it since it's only 6 screws if your 22 has this). The paddle wheel had a threaded cap that just unscrewed. Once it was unscrewed I got under the trailer and tapped it up and it came right out. The replacement threaded right down on top of it and plugged right in. Took no time and my perfect pass was finally working right again.
Old     (dhcomp)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-09-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
Is this a perfect pass paddle wheel?

Everyone seems to think you have to replace teh whole unit. This not true. Unscrew threaded cap. Pull whole paddle wheel unit out. If little paddle wheel piece flaps around on the shaft, you need to replace the well. PP sells the shaft/wheel in a little kit. Press the old shaft out, replace wheel (Cups facing the right direction), replace shaft. Then drop the paddle wheel holder back in teh hole (ARROW the right direction), and tighten threaded collar by hand.
Old     (atx_supra_ssv)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-10-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I bought a couple replacement wheels but no shaft. I guess I'll make my way down to the dealer today and get a couple shafts as well and see if I can get it done this afternoon.
Old     (atx_supra_ssv)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-11-2009, 11:07 AM Reply   
Thanks again for the help and input. Knocked it out last night in about ten minutes. Pin and wheel slide right out.
Old     (chilimac)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-12-2009, 10:25 AM Reply   
I have a question about the paddle wheel. This past weekend my speedo and perfect pass went out.I checked the paddle wheel and it was not damaged and it spun freely along the shaft. does the paddle wheel move along the shaft or does it stay stationary and spin. How can I check and see if it is the paddle wheel or the whole assy.that is causing the problems.I also did a reset on the perfect pass. I have a wakeboard pro 6.5. Also does anyone have a good place to get the parts.
thanks
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-12-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
I think you can google the part number off of your paddle wheel assembly and find a good price on one. My paddle wheel has slight side to side movement, not much, but there is some there.
Old     (skylar18)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-13-2009, 12:10 AM Reply   
Replacing the paddle wheel seems simple but I have an interesting dilemma. Because of a drought all the ramps and marinas here on Lake Travis are closing. As a result, my marina is taking about 30 of us (diehards) and putting us on slips that have been pushed out to deeper water. My Marina damaged my paddle wheel this weekend with their lift. Can I replace the paddle wheel with the boat in the water?
Old     (atx_supra_ssv)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-13-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
Mine was damaged by my marina as well. You will have to have it out of the water to replace the wheel. What marina are you at? I just pulled mine from Riviera last week.
Old     (skylar18)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-13-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
Marshall Ford but the lift will be closing this weekend. They are moving us to slips at Anderson Mill, The Marina right next to Riviera.
They have replaced my wheel twice already at the Marina because they have hit it. I don't have a trailer so this is my only option to keep boating this fall! I guess I can borrow a friends hydroulic lift in a slip and get under my boat to replace it.