Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-21-2009, 7:00 PM Reply   
I was walking around with a can of Wd40 spraying a few things on the trailer and got down and noticed this. OUCH! Can't believe this hasn't given me problems, looks like it has been that way for a while.

Upload
Upload
Old     (lancesaville)      Join Date: May 2009       07-21-2009, 7:58 PM Reply   
Yeah, get that welded before it does 'the twist'
Old     (roverjohn)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-22-2009, 6:56 AM Reply   
Look for cracks in all your other spring mounts. How old is that trailer?
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-22-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
Yeah that was the first thing I did lol, check for more cracks. I felt like i was at work. No other cracks so far so far though.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-22-2009, 7:38 AM Reply   
Whoops forgot to answer your question. Its a 1999 Boatmate Trailer
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-27-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
Got everything welded up and looking good.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
I wonder about today's trailers. I had a spring collapse. It reversed its upward curve and became a frown. Two years later I found two broken springs and the trailer bunk attachments came loose. Finally, the fenders rusted under the Malibu stickers. All on a 2001 galvanized trailer that is rarely used as my boat sits on a lift. It's a boatmate as well.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-28-2009, 12:50 PM Reply   
Yeah I am not very impressed with this trailer so far. I realize it's old but there are a few things on it as far as build quality that let some to be desired. The bunks especially. They are just mounted with lag screws from the bottom. These things are just begging to come loose. Which they have on numerous occasions. Carriage bolts from the top like other trailer brands is def a much better way to go.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-28-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
After a couple lags rusted and fell out. They were all replaced with carriage bolts and recessed slightly to protect the boat. None of the lags were fully seated on the original install. I guess the name of the game is to be competitive.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-28-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
Yeah I moved the bunks on mine forward an inch on the trailer because all the lags were loose and falling out. They all have became a little unseated again. Just a terrible design. I don't have a dock or anything or I would have done the carriage bolts as well.