Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-04-2009, 4:35 PM Reply   
Is there a record for largest wake/air ever hit on a wakeboard behind a boat?? Not a double up, but a straight up wake?

I am not talking MC vs BU. I am talking Yacht or Ship wakes.

IE - Does anyone have pics of someone riding behind a Coast Guard Cutter or other large fast boat that kicks up an airable wake?

If so, let's see them...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-04-2009, 4:37 PM Reply   
I remember seeing some pics of some guys riding behind a 30+ foot Regal down in Arizona. Don't know how big of air they were getting but with the size of the wake I would imagine really high.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-04-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
Murray did a HUGE fishing ship in China/Japan (don't remember which) in All or Nothing maybe.

I think he talked about it being like waist high or more and fairly clean
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-04-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
Dave... memories of getting talked into wakeboarding behind a POS prototype 26' daycruiser with a crappy tower at 6:00 am on a sheotty, windy Thursday morning with an A-hole photographer on Lake Washington comes to mind...

Nope, don't know of any straight-up wake records.
Old     (mike3500)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-04-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
I'll take it the other way. Looks pretty clean though.

Upload
Old     (tx03gt)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-05-2009, 8:06 PM Reply   
I'm sorry but I gotta give this a bump. Anybody???
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-06-2009, 7:36 AM Reply   
Our crew did wakesurfing on both sides behind a 48' SeaRay...you actually had to make a drop in on the wave, avoid blasts of diesel smoke, and water patrol rolled up on us after 10 minutes due to complaints (the driver had told us: "don't worry, I can trim it to really plow some water")...post-script: the officer was a client of ours and settled for "could you just not do it in this cove?". Granted that wasn't wakeboarding, but it was a shoulder high wake in the trough.
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-06-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Not much response on this.
I think I have found my calling....

I guess I am going to have to start hanging around Yacht clubs trying to get a pull.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-06-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
I am sure it doesnt compare to a yacht, but that pic of the Wakeworld Malibu loaded down made me poop a little (thread in the main section I think).
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-06-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
I have had this unspoken idea (until now) to try to get Aramark to lend us a tour boat and captain for a day for the LF Bro Stock at Powell for two reasons

1 for the reason of this thread- BIG WAKE
2 for a chance to get all the pros together and maybe any other avid boarders preasent to go at one time and set a record for most wakeboarders pulled at once. one of the tour boats was used years ago to set a record for most waterskiers at once (i think it was 88) so i know these boats could pull several guys up....... BUT i kinda doubt they will fly with that idea. now days things are so much more strict and liabilities and all. maybe i will have to run it by LF and have them talk to Aramark as i am sure they are not going to listen to li'l me

there are some interesting videos of wakeboarders behind SLOW yachts and some tri marins (spelling?) all with tiny wakes at sea, but do a search, some of the vids are fun none theless.

ALSSO... speaking of Tour Boat wakes. Sometimes while out on Powell i will have the boat/pwc driver drive close behind the tour boat to get a massive surfing wake (especially where the boat wake and tourboat wake converge) it makes for one Nasty wake! one goal i have this year is to do more of that, especially with a jet ski and have me whiped into the wake if necissary to hit it where it is cleaner and jump it instead of surfing it. hopefully i'll get some video of it if this all goes down like i hope it will
Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-08-2009, 8:45 AM Reply   
How about the tour boat at lake powell, I've been in a boat while it was surfed on that one. Scary as hell.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-08-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
How about wakesurfing behind a police boat?
Upload
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-08-2009, 2:30 PM Reply   
german police are awsome. we need some of them to patrol our waters
Old     (davomaddo)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-09-2009, 10:29 AM Reply   
Awesome!!