Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    upupnaway            10-26-2003, 4:29 PM Reply   
Got a new program and had to try it out. Sorry Chris!
http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=9372
Old    fng03            10-26-2003, 4:35 PM Reply   
Ah, yes, I remember that day...too bad you didn't have the camera on during my next run, when the lake turned to blood and it started raining frogs.

(Message edited by fng03 on October 26, 2003)
Old    lachlantait            10-27-2003, 12:04 AM Reply   
Haha good for and giggles
Old     (depswa)      Join Date: Nov 2000       10-27-2003, 12:42 AM Reply   
That's funny stuff! What program did you use...I'm sure it could be done with after effects or something, but that would take forever. I'd love to see a longer clip with similar going on.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-27-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
that is pretty funny - but was that staged? if not, what the heck happened in the original clip for chris to fall like that??
Old    fng03            10-27-2003, 5:15 PM Reply   
Well, as you can tell by my "form" (snicker), I was not quite at ease with wakeboarding at the time this was shot, and my internal monologue was something like this:

"Whatthehellamidoingi'mgonnafallnowaitithinkigotit nowthisiseasyAHHgoingdownnotyetithinkicandothiswho opsleanbackevenFURTHERcauseTHATwillhelphowcanmiket hinkthisisfunfrontfootnotdoingitsjobtheboardisnotd oingitsjobwhoanowi'mreallygonnafallputmyheaddownfa ceplantdoesn'tWHA?"

So, to answer your question, I have no idea how that happened (though I was happy to not have to squeeze water out from behind my eyes for once.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-27-2003, 5:21 PM Reply   
to tell you the truth chris, you look like you're riding switch. that's what i assumed you were doing. you sure you're not regular footed?
Old    fng03            10-27-2003, 6:07 PM Reply   
Actually, the first time I ever got on the board, I went left foot first, but it felt rather uncomfortable. Mike suggested I try switching, and it felt better. To be honest, I am still too new at this to decide which is going to work better for me. I look forward to learning, though.
Old    upupnaway            10-28-2003, 8:47 AM Reply   
I used an effect from Ulead media studio 7. Its really the only good effect I have found so far. You can download a free 30 day trial of it on the ulead home page.
Old    fng03            10-29-2003, 9:07 AM Reply   
Yeah, but you have to provide your own stooge.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-29-2003, 12:39 PM Reply   
Another way you can tell that our friend Chris was a novice, is his glorious display of white-leg.
Not yet adept at "Ye Olde Shorts Tug" he had enough to focus on just keeping the board under him.

I think we can all remember a time when the littlest ripple in the water sent us under in a hurry...plus, riding a Parks doesn't really help...
Old    fng03            10-29-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
Thank you, Liz, for pinpointing the viewer's critical eye on my fishbelly thigh (not that they would have missed it, anyway). Let it be known that I have, in fact, learned that all important move, the Front-Side Short Grab.