Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-09-2006, 3:13 PM Reply   
I was looking at towers at wakeside.com and noticed that the wakeside element and skylon swoop appear to be identical. It even says the element was manufactured for wakeside by skylon but the element is $800 and the swoop is $1500. Does anybody know what the difference in the two is? Is this like a limited production run for wakeside or something?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-10-2006, 6:32 PM Reply   
looks the same to me. The rack on the Skylon Tower really fills it out. I am planning on getting the wakeside tower and would love to get those racks to go with it but i didn't see them on wakeside.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-11-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Assuming they are the same is this a good tower? I agree with Matt that the racks that go with the Swoop Extreme would look good and probably stiffen up the tower but I cant find them online either.
Old     (illkid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-12-2006, 9:03 AM Reply   
Chris-
I put the element tower on my '88 Prostar 190 and was very pleased with it. It's very stable and simple to install. I ride with 3 guys who are over 230 lbs and it handles them no problems. I've had the tower on my boat since early July and have had 0 problems with it. I went with this tower simply because of the cost and i thought it looked better then the Monster Tower. And living in Seattle, the tower came the day after I ordered it (Wakeside is in Portland)
Before I ordered the tower, I called the guys at Wakeside and they were really nice and informative. They said the tower was built by Skylon and originally called the Wakestar Tower. Not sure how Wakeside came into the tower, all they said was that Skylon made a whole bunch of them and they ordered a ton and had them in stock. So anyway, yes it's a good tower, adding the bat rack would look sweet. Go for it and save your self some money for ballast/racks what ever else you might need...
Upload
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-12-2006, 10:24 AM Reply   
J, any rattles or creaks or anything like that? I like the looks of this tower and it is only $800 on Wakeside right now.
Old     (illkid)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-12-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
No man, no rattles at all. The thing is completely solid.