Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
Who does the best work installing multiple (6+) subs, LEDs, interior speakers... basically pimping out boats in northern cal?

Any suggestions?
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-11-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
In Sacramento it's Acme Tops & Tunes. Ask for Ben..
http://www.acmetopsandtunes.com/

Then there is also Lightning Accessories

http://www.lightningaccessories.com/

both shops are good and I can't decide which one is better than the other. My stereo in my boat was put in by Lightning but Acme did my alarm system. Both stand up companies IMO.

Last edited by dabell; 03-11-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-11-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
^^ at lightning, ask for Tom or Carlos
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-11-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
http://www.chucktronics.com/

they do
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-11-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
I gotta say Ryan at Chucktronics. If you've heard our boat, then you know what I mean. His attention to detail is amazing. Not only do they systems work right out of the shop, but they continue to work and come back to you tuned and ready to rip.
Old     (FreeRider209)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-11-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
Chucktronics for sure.
Old     (FreeRider209)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-11-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
One of his projects.
Attached Images

Old     (nautiqueone)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-12-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
+1 for chucktronics
Just had mine installed, cant wait for it to warm up
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-12-2010, 1:55 PM Reply   
Chucktronics FOR SURE!!! Ryan does great work, his stuff always works right out of the shop and when you get your stuff back its clean. It looks like somebody that actually cares about what they are doing was working on your stuff.
Plus our boat is loud and super clean and clear, nothing like i have ever heard.
so + 1 for Chucktronis and Zapco
Old     (no_tools)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-12-2010, 2:52 PM Reply   
you deff cant go wrong with clay or chucktronics "ryan", but if your really looking for the best. then kustom kar audio in santa rosa has the resumé.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-12-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
Thanks for the tips guys. It was for a customer who claimed he wanted an insane system. But I did end up calling Ben and speaking to him about some lighting in my boat for this year so it helped out!
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-12-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
Acme has been doing some killer stuff.

Is Clay still around?
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-12-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
Ian, I talked to Mike today and was in the Tomcat 23 and TWB. The ideas are flowing. I'll be in touch.
Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-12-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
A little off topic, but do any of you have a good referral for an audio installer in Orange County (specifically Huntington Beach). I'm looking to upgrade the system in my Sanger.
Old     (mortbike)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-12-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
im also looking for someone in socal to upgrade my int. speakers
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-12-2010, 8:24 PM Reply   
Liquid Trends does the best work ive seen/heard. The LED stuff they do is amazing. Someone needs to post pictures of the green and white 247 they did. waaaay too much money in a boat, but damn its bad ass.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-29-2010, 10:57 PM Reply   
There are different ways to judge installers. I have seen great systems from everybody listed here but I factor cost and reasonable turnaround time into the judgement. The worst practice I see frequently in this business is taking a guys boat hostage for months to get a system done. My advice to all installers would be: don't take on what you cannot finish in less than 30 days. If you need longer than 30 days break the project into different phases. Way back in the day when I was in the car stereo business I did several big projects. It is human nature to get burned out in the middle of a project and lose motivation to do a good job or get it finished. In that moment time gets away and project costs go through the roof sometimes shoddy workmanship enters the mix as well. Pace yourself and get out of a project before that happens. Let's assume you were going to do an elaborate tower speaker system and elaborate subwoofer box, maybe lights, maybe batteries, charging upgrade, maybe even ballast work. Do the work in manageable pieces. Get some of it done then return the boat to the customer while you are working on the pieces outside of the boat or while you are waiting on backordered gear. Letting a boat sit in the back of the shop for months should NEVER happen. You know what they say about excuses...

Recently I have sent a couple buddies over to Acme Tops and Tunes. I have visited the shop myself to see how things are handled. They get to business and get it done, I can't say that about some of the other shops mentioned here. Pull it together guys, get those projects done and return the boats to the owners without raiding their children's college fund.

Last edited by mikeski; 03-29-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: keeping it real
Old     (Tmannsx80)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-30-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
I got the man for the job. Dennis meyers from liquid trends north bay. Hes done all of my trucks, cars and boats. He does excellent work, he doesnt cut corners and hes done everything from just deck and speakers to twelve speakers and more on my x-80. Hes taken care of me with great prices and accomdates all of my friends with what they have to spend and basically gives the best equipment for what you have to spend. Ive sent him countless work from boats to trucks and all have come out just the way my friends wanted. Hes a just good guy that wants to make customers happy. Without a doubt I highly recommend dennis for any job that you need.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-30-2010, 10:32 AM Reply   
For you Socal guys, travel over to Corona, to visit Bill & Mikes Boat & Bike Shop. 230 N. SHERMAN. Corona, CA 92882. phone: (951) 288-7445

Bill and Mike serviced my boats and did installs that were excellent. I highly recommend them if you can make the trip over to the inland empire.

Bill Wilson is a legend IMHO and Mike is up there at the top as well. pm me if you need any more info about what they do
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-30-2010, 10:41 AM Reply   
x2 for Ben at Acme. Has great ideas and first rate craftsmanship - as can be seen from his recent posts on the work their doing
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-30-2010, 12:11 PM Reply   
What's Clay's number so we can go hangout with him during his next project grant?
Old     (justintime)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-30-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   
Just hope they do it to USCG standards and have a marine electrical certification

I bet most stereo's on boats are not USCG certified
Old     (ridetillurdead26)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-02-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
Stop by Boat Country Inc. in Escalon, CA and they will hook you up with a local guy. He does incredible work and the prices are right! Tell them Cody sent you from wakeworld.