Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-27-2007, 2:27 PM Reply   
Thanks AWA (theawa.com), SanTan Lakes/community (private ski lake) and Century Marine (Nautiques) for the awesome event on Saturday.

The AWA (arizona wakeboard association) held a grass roots event on Saturday and it was truly amazing to be able to ride there and be apart of the event. It's been about 4 years since i've been in a competition and was a little nervous, but as I jumped off the dock to start my run and realized where I was riding, everything came back!!!

There are some really good riders out here. It was also good to see how many kids were out there competing as well!

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old    bocephus            08-27-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
Hey Keith,
How did my new 210 ride? The black and red '07 that Century was pulling with?

Thanks,
Ryan
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-27-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
keith, do you have any info about that lake, and the homes on it?? if you can shoot me a pm or something, that would be great. I cant find anything on the web about it.
thanks,
Thomas
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-27-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
Ryan, I didn't ride behind that one, but the wake looked killer. I rode behind the green 236 which was a solid sweet wake. Both AWESOME boats!

I don't have any info, but it looked like there were a lot of lots that were empty. Maybe they are bought up and people just haven't built yet. Who knows...

Pretty funny tho cause I'm almost imprinted my entire body on the side of one of those expensive boat houses after doing a Raley. When I landed, I had about 5 feet to dodge it before it looked like a yard sale inside the boat garage. I was replaying my video and you can hear a few people scream because they thought I was going to hit it. LMAO ROTF
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-27-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
I suppose it's Queen Creek (south of Mesa and Gilbert). I've never been out that far south. It could be San Tan.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-27-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
I am going to be visiting family in Queen Creek at the end of september. was going to check out some homes while I am out there. now I have a place to start. thanks.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-27-2007, 4:28 PM Reply   
thomas. all the lots in that community are sold. ive got a buddy that lives in there. you can get spoiled riding the glass all day. its a typical ski lake tho 6feet deep water, no ballast allowed. or v drive boats. yatta yatta
Old    bocephus            08-27-2007, 7:04 PM Reply   
Thomas,
I sent you an email.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-27-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
oops my back. just checked with my buddy and he says that all the water front propertys are sold but you can get a lot to the west of the lake. and still get access to the water
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-28-2007, 8:44 AM Reply   
Ryan B - are you going to upgrade your 06 to the 07 that Century has? Century is going to hook a brother up!