Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-26-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
my water pump pulley is rusty and want to put new one on. i removed the 4 bolts and the pulley does not want to come off. do i need to use a puller of some sort.
Old    bigd            10-26-2004, 12:04 PM Reply   
Swap your pump for a crossover - pulley not required.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-26-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
Are you talking about the raw water pump, or the circulating pump?

If it is the circulating pump then I would guess that the pulley has rusted to the mounting plate. I would try tapping it lightly with a rubber mallet to try and break it loose. Not too hard or you will bend it. Of course, if it is rusty also and in need of being replaced then whack away at it!

If it is the raw water pump you are talking about then, A) I am surprised it is rusty, as most are bronze, and B) the pulley is probably a press fit onto the shaft. I would take the pump off completly, support the pulley on boards or across the open jaws of a vice and then drive the shaft out with a punch. Again, make sure you are supporting the pulley near or on the hub, otherwise you will bend the pulley and destroy it.

Rod
Old     (canada_air)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-27-2004, 7:42 AM Reply   
it is the circulating pump and i will try giving it a few taps withh rubber mallet