Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (armyofwater)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-25-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
I am moving to Fort Knox, KY and looking for a good boating lake near Louisville, KY. I would appriciate anyone from that area that could point me in the right direction. I can always use a third too.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-25-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
There are none, stay out.
Old     (mywakeisbiggerr)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-25-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
williastown lake.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-25-2010, 6:26 PM Reply   
A little farther west are Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake. Great lakes during the week, early morning, or late afternoon. They get a little crowded and rough on the weekends, during the day. Probably a little too far away though. If you do head this way shoot me a PM.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-25-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
The places I ride.

Lake Malone - Tiny ski area but nice on almost any weekday. Madhouse on weekends.

Rough River - Great during the week, not too bad on weekends.

Undisclosed Location - Perfect water 98% of the time. It is NOTHING to go out on a holiday weekend, ride ALL DAY, and only see a couple boats.

Last edited by hunter660; 07-25-2010 at 7:36 PM. Reason: Added Notes
Old     (armyofwater)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-26-2010, 2:06 AM Reply   
Rough River looks the closest... where is the undisclosed location? That one sounds perfect.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2010, 6:42 AM Reply   
It would be about an hour past Rough River for you.
Old    ScottRobinson            07-26-2010, 6:58 AM Reply   
Dale Hollow, a bit far but well worth it!
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-26-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
I used to b stationed at Knox when I was in the service! Rough is good and taylorsville is good during the week. Both are about the same distance from u. 45-an hour. If u ever wanna pull without towing everywheredrive up to taylorsville lake I ride every afternoon. As for the undisclosed location, me and hunter and like 2 others in the state know about it.
Old    ScottRobinson            07-26-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
Nice water Mason!!
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-26-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
Rhett email me I wouldn't mind being a third and u can ride my super air as well. Masonmeuth@hotmail.com
Old     (azatcher)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-28-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
Rough River is a great place to ride! Its a little narrow in spots but there are always plenty of riders around. Usually throughout the summer there are a few comps there and there is an annual comp in Elizabethtown (10 minutes from knox). If you are into comps. There are two watersports clubs on rough that both have several wakeboarders. Rough River Watersports club (more slalom skiers and families than wakeboarders) and Rough Riders wakeboard club. Hit me up if you are interested.
Old     (armyofwater)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-29-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
All... thanks for the information. Just got to Fort Knox and getting settled. I should be hitting the water in a couple of weeks.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-30-2010, 3:59 AM Reply   
Rough River is hands down the best lake to ride in KY. Except holiday weekends you can find some nice water all the time.