Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-12-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone can compare the 06 Marius to the 08. Does the new board have as much pop? Does it carve any better or is it still slow tow to heel? Unfortunately no shops are demoing in the area anymore!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-12-2008, 8:57 PM Reply   
Completely different shape from 06. The 08 has just as much pop as the 06 and to me seems to be significantly faster than the 06. The other nice feature is that they have changed the rails on it, making you less likely to hook an edge.

It's a super fun board to ride. If you like the 06, you will LOVE the 08. Hope this helps.

I am sure if you can hook up with some of the CIE guys, they may live in your area, they would let you give one a try.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
I should be getting my '08 in the mail tomorrow... I love my '06 since I took off the fins but am really looking forward to riding the '08. I will check back in later next week.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
Yo Johnny..... You're right up there in Roseville with the CWB rep. You could definitely get out for a ride on the '08 if you want. I bet Shon up at Off Axis boardshop in Auburn could get you on one.

Billy is riding the new shape. I haven't gotten a chance to get on it yet, but he loves it. He liked the '06/'07, but loves the '08. As far as I know (from a bunch of riders) it's a night/day difference. I'll have to get on one so I can give a better explanation, but the Marius guys are loving the new shape. It's supposed to be much faster.

If you're ever in the delta area and want a ride let me know. We'll see what we can work out.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
I think I might be headed up to Off Axis tomorrow to get some new riding gear (possibly vest and top) tomorrow. (Happy fathers day 2 me! ) I wonder if they sell socks?

Johny, you are welcome to ride mine next week as well... you still have my number?

(Message edited by attila916 on June 13, 2008)
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-13-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
Attila...Can I get in on that. Really want to see if it is worth getting rid of my 07 platty for.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
Heck yeah Tate! I will be stalking the UPS/FED EX truck tomorrow.

PM me your schedule.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-13-2008, 10:25 PM Reply   
Attila you getting foam or platty?
Old     (wakefish)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-15-2008, 4:37 PM Reply   
Evan- Thanks for the tips. I would love to get behind the crusher some time!!

Attila- thanks for the offer bro! I will definitely hit you up soon. Can you get out on the weekends?