Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-24-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
Iv'e beenin sales for 20 years mostly Biz to Biz. In all that time I have never had a product or service that I felt more strongly about. That being said I am finding it increasingly difficult to get the decision maker of the business to even sit down with me. If I go into 10 businesses I used to be able to pretty much sit down with 6-7 or at least make an appointment to see what I had. This week has been horrifying just to get an appointment. Now when i eventually do get the appointment they love it and we can usually go forward but I was curious to see how other sales people were being responded to in this economy.

Are you seeing the same thing out there as you make your sales calls? If so what are you doing different? Whats helping you? Whats not? Im a pretty straight shooter so i don't like to beat around the bush with my customers or potential customers. It is nearly impossible to give them a 30 second glip because they wont get it or see it until they give me their full attention for at least 10-15 minutes.

Oh one more thing, I only go into businesses I know could use my service, I don't want to waste their time or my own, and remember were not talking about existing customers this is about cold calling first visit to the business.