Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
Hi!

Is it possible to mount 09 Ronix Boots on Hyperlite Boards. If it is how do you do it?

I hope somebody can help me

Casper
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
Possible, you have to use the spacers.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
I have tried that. But as far as I can see, you need two spacers for each binding, 4 in total, but is only 2 spacers in the package?? Or am I doing something totally wrong????
Old     (slob02)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-29-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
I had to add an extra plastic washer to each bolt on mine to put 08 Ronix on my hyperlite.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2009, 9:59 AM Reply   
The 09 bindings are different from 08 bindings, they have used a new system.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-29-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
We could use some pics to see what the problem is. You should be able to mount the bindings with no issues. If you ride that board '1 in' with older bindings, the '09' should bolt right up, if you ride that board 'all the way out' with older bindings the '09s should bolt right up, while using the spacers. You shouldn't need 2 sets of spacers, but again I'd be easier to figure out the issue with pics.

-Steve
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
I haven't got any pictures because I don't wan't to buy the bindings before, I know if it is possible, and the dealer doesn't know how to do it. How does the spacer look???? The one I tried to use is the one you need use if you want to mount bindings on a 09 Ronix board in widest stand. Please Help !!!!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-29-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   

quote:

The one I tried to use is the one you need use if you want to mount bindings on a 09 Ronix board in widest stand. Please Help !!!!

It's the same spacer in the same configuration. This will get the '09 boots in the same position on an '08 board as the widest setting for '08 boots on the '08 board.

To go 'gangsta wide' as some people have called it with '09 boots on an '09 board uses the spacers too, but this is wider than it technically is designed to be, and 2" wider than the widest possible stance on an '08 board with '08 boots.

That might have been more confusing than it was helpful, but you asked.

-Steve
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2009, 10:19 AM Reply   
Thanks Steve! I tried to mount the 09 Kai boot on the 09 Roam board. When I tried to set the screws on one side, the spacer didn't align with the holes in the board on the other side???? What did I do wrong. I know that is a bad question, but do you have any ideas ????
Old    justinh            04-29-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
To Ride "all the way out" on a 8" pattern board with a 6" binding place the spacer on the inward side of the boot. You will still have one hole open on the outward side, but you are "all the way out" (per the boards original design).
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-29-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   

quote:

What did I do wrong. I know that is a bad question, but do you have any ideas ????

It's really hard to say without pics, but I'm sure it will bolt up. You might (not sure) need to use extra washers because the roam is so thin, I know on older roams you had to.

Try this:
'08 board
oooo______oooo__________oooo______oooo

'08 board with '08 boots all the way out
xooo______xooo__________ooox______ooox

'08 board with '09 boots (same width as above)
oxoo_____[>ooo__________ooo<]_____ooxo

[> and <] are spacers

-Steve

P.S. If you don't ride all the way out this really doesn't apply because you won't need the spacers anyway.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-29-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
I have the 09 Ones on my 08 Murray and it works fine. Do it just like Justin has described above and you are set.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Ahh! I think that was the problem. I tried mount the bindings in the widest stand, but I know what you mean by having a hole on the outward side, but still be in the widest stand. I will try that. Thanks alot.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2009, 10:55 AM Reply   
And thanks to you Steve for the illustrations, it shows exactly what I did wrong.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-29-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
the roam boards and covenant have a different hole pattern(1.5 inches apart/stiffboards have a 1 inch spread)
you will need two spacers per boot on the flex...
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-29-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
Thanks rJizz!