Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (monkey)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-10-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
How exactly does something like this happen?

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/13649877/detail.html?dl=headlineclick
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-10-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
"Witnesses told NBC 7/39 the boat driver was looking behind him, not forward, when they ran aground."

Uhhhh...you mean cruise control is not auto pilot?? Dang salesman lied to me! F*$#@#
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-10-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
Rookie boat owner or just plain idiot, another reason not to ride in Mission Bay.

Our receptionist husband almost had his head chopped off a few weeks back on Mission Bay. He was in the water riding, she was driving, they were stopped in the water briefly. All of a sudden a Seaforth Boat rental boat drove between him and the boat running over their rope and ripping it up his neck and chin. The guy kept going, they had to chase him down. He said he didint know how to drive a boat and was sorry. They had to call Seaforth as well. Her husband was taken away in an ambulance and is fine now.

Do not ride in Mission Bay unless you want to get hit by a jetski, ran over by a boat, or just want to try boating on the land.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-10-2007, 9:51 AM Reply   
dont care for mission bay too much...

was in a buddies brand new cc 211 when we hit a shallow point and we were way outside of the buoys...

i almost took out my eye, the driver needed stitches...
Old     (thespleen)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-10-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
Yes, please, everyone: "Do not ride in Mission Bay" It is not safe. Avoid at all costs:-)
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
Actually I was there.... We were watching from shore....

Bocephus was being towed... he ollied up jibbed the seawall for a bit... then cut out hard... busted the biggest 911 I have ever seen... and pulled the poor little Bayliner right out of the water...

Who knows where he ended up... Emergency crews only assessed and helped the occupants of the Bayliner...

But Bocephus is probably up in some tree around the Mission Bay area... if you see him.... try and help him out... I am sure he is pretty banged up!
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
Lucky their boat had that roll bar.