Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 23, 2006

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-19-2006, 10:58 PM Reply   
I'm being relocated to the St. Louis area next month (Shiloh, IL) and just wondering who all is in the area. I know some people through the Voss' and the MO INT, but don't know that many people in the area and would love to meet some new people out there. I haven't had much experience with the public waterways on that side of the state, only private, how is the scene. Looking forward to getting out there for the summer.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-19-2006, 11:33 PM Reply   
There are a few people on here from STL... Try going to Geroge winter park to ride, There are also some riders who go to the kaskaskia river.. and there is not MO INT this year.
Old     (rob_kc)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-20-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
Whats up with the INT in Mo. this year. I can't believe no one is stepping up and taking over.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-20-2006, 8:51 AM Reply   
There are a few riders down here in Carbondale. There are more when school is in at SIUC. We usually hang out at Kinkaid in Murphyboro, and we are going to start going to the kaskaskia more. Also know some good riders in the Centrailia area.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-20-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
I don't know a whole lot about the MO INT this year. I know the Voss' were not going to do it last year, but decided to do it again because no one else stepped up. I know they are pretty busy with some business stuff and the INT is A LOT of work and after a couple years I think some of the coordinators need a break.
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-20-2006, 12:46 PM Reply   
Nick we are from the Centralia area and about every day we will be out on Centralia Lake (aprox 50 min from Shiloh)There is always 3 or 4 of us out but always looking for 3rds. If interested send me an email. We have actually been out 4 or 5 times already
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-20-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Nick by the way I am using my daughters profile. Don't be alarmed.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-20-2006, 1:29 PM Reply   
I wasn't really alarmed, just surprised that a 7 year old had better grammar than most of the 18 year olds on this site! j/k

I might have to take you up on the offer. I don't know how many times I will be able to make it out this summer. We will be in the process of opening 2 restaurants over the next 8 months. So it's going to be very hectic, but I will definately need some water time. My wakeboard skills are intermediate at best, my talents are definately better suited for three event skiing, but I'm hooked on wakesurfing and starting to listen to my buddies and shake the dust of my wakeboard!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-20-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
NICK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-20-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
Don't worry Beach, I'll still own you in the course. You should look forward to me wakesurfing, maybe you can get within a couple passes of my PB's!
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-20-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
I wouldn't be worried about me getting near! I'd be worried about me getting so far ahead you'll never catch up!
Old    cmplx            03-20-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Anybody ever go to Lake st. louis? We go to George Winter alot, but haven't checked out the other spots. Any help on where else to go would be great!!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-20-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
I was under the assumption that LSL was private. I do know that they have an under 21' boat limit and I think they restrict wake enhancers. I might look into moving out there in the future, but LSL is about a 50+ minute drive from where I will be working mostly right now.
Old     (bgame)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-20-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
Nick, There are a few of us that go on the river afew times a week let us know?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-20-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Nick,

As Aaron mentioned LSL is private. Stay away from George Winter and the Kaskaskia, unless you are going with someone who knows the water well. I ride with Aaron quite a bit and we hit the Mississippi River throughout the week and I have access to a private lake in Edwardsville as well. Hit up me or Aaron if you want to ride when the weather breaks. If you need the hook up on any gear check out www.stateamind.com
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-20-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
i ride alot on the misissppi and the kaskaskia rivers i think those r the best and alot of the lakes around here are pretty good!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-20-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Also check out Mid West Wake Fest... www.midwestwakefest.com ... '06 details to come soon....
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       03-20-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
John, I definately won't be hitting the rivers without any seasoned vets. Being a Kansas guy, and all of our rivers being less than 3 feet deep, I have no experience with riding on the river. That will be a whole new experience. You mention Stateamind. I assume you know Gabe Fowler, I think he used to work there?? I got to know him through the INT and then with some K-State events we did at LOTO. Great guy and a hell of a wakeboarder.

(Message edited by kstateskier on March 20, 2006)
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-21-2006, 4:39 AM Reply   
Yeah I have met Gabe a few times, although I don't know him really well and I would agree that he is an awesome rider. Hit me up when your ready to ride. Don't forget about Summerfest III coming up in early June at the Ozarks too.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-21-2006, 5:03 AM Reply   
LSL is private and they have size and horsepower limits on their boats. the only reall tricky part of george winter is getting into the river from the pools where you load your boat.

I talked to somebody about possibly taking over INT this year but they said it was too late...
Old     (chopper515)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-21-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
I ride at the Kaskaskia and I love it. I put in at New Athens and usually go north to ride. It is a little more shallow up north but everyone goes south, so the water is always calm. Just stay to the left of the island at the 1st bridge and if you see the bridge at Fayetteville turn around, it gets really shallow up there. South, you are clear to the Mississippi. Just watch for floating logs after big rains.