Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (ryanl0317)      Join Date: May 2006       05-07-2006, 11:01 PM Reply   
I know there have already been a lot of these threads so i want to apologize in advance. I have been boat shopping for the past few weeks and am about ready to settle for a malibu VLX. My only con so far is the money.

This is what the dealer gave me for pricing.
06 VLX, with power wedge, 4 speakers, sony deck, tandem trailer, and fiberglass platform.

They told me $53,426.07 (before tax and licensing) Is this a good deal? I have never bought a boat before so im not sure how it works.

How negotiable are boat prices? Do i really have to pay full list?

Old     (seangriswold)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-08-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
not sure if this will help because i am out east. i was looking at same boat but w/o the fiberglass platform and w/o the power wedge. I did have the bow ballast and 6 speakers in the boat and 4 on the tower. my price was around 54,600 Also what engine are you looking at i priced the 340 monsoon. I did not think that prices on boats were very negotiable, but i found out this year they are very negotiable.
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-08-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
Full list on that is closer to 60.... Not a bad deal- but most say 10-20% off list depending on dealer inventory and motivaton.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       05-08-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
there's always room for dealing!
Even if they won't budge, get them to throw in a free or lower cost 20hr service, or $300 in goods from the pro shop, be creative when they stop with the price...
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-08-2006, 8:25 AM Reply   
If your looking for a great deal, remember you need to be prepared to lose that deal too.
Old     (dls)      Join Date: Nov 2004       05-08-2006, 6:04 PM Reply   
Don't forget the heater,I use it alot even in cali. Only used my shower once or twice not worth it. swing tongue on the trailer? how about rollers on the trailer prop gard,ratchet trailer tie downs,LED trailer lights, Bimini top, a nice boat cover. I would get no less than the 340 Monsoon preferably the HH 383 and all available ballast.Some nice board racks. $58k OTD would be close to good. it's only a couple more buck$ a month. don't waste money on factory audio
Have fun shopping.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-08-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
not a bad deal, like Brooke said, if they will not budge on price, get some equipment and service thrown in.
Old     (jbwaken)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-09-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
Ryan thats a good deal!!!!!
Old    jemiller06            05-09-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Ryan, sounds like a pretty fair price. Not knowing any details of your area.
Just remember it is a business. If you wring every last drop out of the dealer they will be a little slower to bend over backwards for you when you need them most (on the service side). I am not saying pay MSRP, don't shop, and don't try to get a good deal and hopefully, everyone on this site won't start bashing me for this, but as consumers we need to realize that if we expect dealers be around long term and when we want every aspect of our service experience to be perfect (boat washed and vacumed when you pick it up, in and out service on a Friday, overnighting parts to the dealership at no cost to you to get you on the water for the weekend) we have to buy local and they have to make a modest profit.
With that said, don't let $500-1000 keep you off the water for another weekend. Its a toy, buy it and enjoy. The dealer will be there for you long-term and you will be a happy customer. Just an opinion, please everyone take it easy on me.
Old     (nizzle77)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-09-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
Well said Josh!