Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (jayray)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-31-2007, 11:52 AM Reply   
This lake is freakin beautiful and We need to put it on the map. If your an Oconee Rider let the world know. Lets get together and make this lake better for the Wakeboarding world. If you have any ideas on how to make this lake better or what you would like to see happen on our lake post it and lets make it happen.
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-01-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
finally we have some love for this lake! The only problem I have with the wakeboard scene on this lake is that there are way to many wakeboard boats floating around the sand bar and not enough actually pulling riders. If your gonna spend $60,000 dollars on a boat that is designed to make a beautiful chest high wake then use it. If your just gonna float around and get drunk then buy a pontoon boat. the other rant I have is that kids on a towable want rough water so don't pick the flattest, calmest cove and drive circles around me when I'm trying to find flat water. I can hardly get my bindings on cause the boat is bouncing around so much from your huge rollers that never seem to wash away. go out in the middle of the lake were it's always rough. It's more fun for them anyway. Besides that this lake is amazing and a perfect lake for wakeboarding.
Old    lakeside5_10            11-01-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Try sinclair , this lake has all the water and you can get flat water all the time like last friday for boarding and saturday for surfing . We will board at the powerplant this winter were the water stays in the high 60's
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-01-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
hey sinclair, Oconee its all the same to me. Don't they call it all Georgia's lake country anyways. high 60's at the power plant?? thats freakin awesome!! I'm gonna have to try that this winter.
Old    lakeside5_10            11-01-2007, 10:06 AM Reply   
right now oconee has low water, my friend cant get his boat off the lift to winterize it , my dock is underwater at times during the week . you can ride with us if you like. ride in a 06 moomba xlv
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-01-2007, 10:41 AM Reply   
salty,where do you buy your gear from since you live in Milledgville?
Old    lakeside5_10            11-01-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
buywake, work in the mill. and live in covington. my lakefront is by goat island .
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-01-2007, 12:51 PM Reply   
"If you have any ideas on how to make this lake better or what you would like to see happen on our lake post it and lets make it happen."

If we could make about half the summer weekend population disappear, that would be a start. Until then, you'll find better water on Hartwell.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       11-01-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
"I can hardly get my bindings on cause the boat is bouncing around so much from your huge rollers that never seem to wash away. go out in the middle of the lake were it's always rough. It's more fun for them anyway. Besides that this lake is amazing and a perfect lake for wakeboarding."

hmmmm... doesn't sound perfect to me.
Old     (caseman1322)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-01-2007, 6:40 PM Reply   
I'm not saying that every quite cove has people messing up the water, I'm just saying that it's annoying when it does happen. I guess I should have added that although that does happen there is always another perfect spot somewhere on the lake to ride. Thats why I love this lake. No matter how busy it might be you can always find good water somewhere.
Old     (waketrix101)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-03-2007, 11:53 AM Reply   
i rode there for a long time but it just got way to crowded and now i am at jackson and i love it!who rides here?
Old    lakeside5_10            11-05-2007, 8:36 AM Reply   
i live in covington
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-05-2007, 9:02 AM Reply   
Ironic for this topic to come up. I recently found a great deal on some land in south Oconee county. Lake Oconee might be my home lake again soon. That'll be sweet for weekday riding.
Old     (hype134)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-05-2007, 9:40 AM Reply   
Sorta far but i live in warner robins..
Old    lakeside5_10            11-05-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Rich, i can pick you up at the plant in milledgeville
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
the way lanier and alatoona are losing water you guys are going to have a lot more company next season!!!! I don't think you'll have to do anything.
I ride on spivey. Its a small lake and its been to windy to ride practically all month.
Would love to hook up with you guys.
Old     (laidback)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2007, 9:46 PM Reply   
the way lanier and alatoona are losing water you guys are going to have a lot more company next season!!!! I don't think you'll have to do anything.
I ride on spivey. Its a small lake and its been to windy to ride practically all month.
Would love to hook up with you guys.
Old     (hype134)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-09-2007, 4:02 AM Reply   
yea i would probably def be down with that drive there... only part i've been to in sinclair is near sparta... how far is the plant from there..
Old    lakeside5_10            11-09-2007, 10:02 AM Reply   
i'm located at goat island and my friend craig lives in sandy run. to him its 15 and from me to the plant its 5. we will ride at the plant this saturday at noon.
call if you want to go

mark
Old     (hype134)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-09-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
i'm actually going back to orlando this weekend for the long weekend... i'll hit you up when i get back in
Old    lakeside5_10            11-09-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
ight