Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MBinthe831)      Join Date: Mar 2011       06-08-2011, 9:03 PM Reply   
My first visit to The Liquid Playground in San jose today. Had to get a new X line and murray handle. Walked out with that and a couple vests. Great customer service and atmosphere. Want to thank Austin for everything. If you are in the area check him out. Great inventory. Stoked to have a local specialty shop like that.
Old     (neverwinter)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-11-2011, 8:42 PM Reply   
went there this morning actually but apparently he was down at the lake doing lessons. looks like a really cool shop! gonna head back monday!
Old     (t0nyv831)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-12-2011, 2:41 AM Reply   
I don't think he's open on Mondays. He will accomodate you though if you call ahead, Austin is cool like that. Not sure if this has been posted on WW, but he's having a Byerly demo / ride day this Tuesday 1pm out at Lake Anderson along with Byerly pro rider Aarron Rathy. Should be dope!!..

Tony
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-12-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverwinter View Post
went there this morning actually but apparently he was down at the lake doing lessons. looks like a really cool shop! gonna head back monday!
Austin is a friend of mine. He is not there on Mondays. You missed him because he auctioned off a lesson with his team rider. Derek Cook, Mike Powell, and Austin gave the winner lesson at Anderson. Get out to Anderson on Tuesday it will be EPIC. Here is a link for the event.
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136304759779134
Old     (liquidplayground)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-12-2011, 9:23 AM Reply   
Matt-thanks a million for the post! Seeing you pumped and happy on the product is what it's all about. Thank you for coming in.

Never Winter-So sorry, I apologize for missing you Saturday. I'm opening the shop 1-7 on Monday since I missed Saturday and will hook you up with a little coupon as well ;-)

Antonio and Don, miss you guys. Look forward to Tuesday!

Enjoy this weather everyone! Summer is finally here!!!
Love Life
Old     (ksilva)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-12-2011, 10:38 AM Reply   
Matt - The Liquid Playground is the only place to go, no joke.

I first visited LP over a year ago and I can honestly say I’ve never stepped foot in another shop since then. Austin is straight up first class service to his customers and his inventory is great. If you get a chance to check out the movie nights he puts on, that itself is another experience. I personally travel over an hour each way just to go to LP.

Kevin
Old     (neverwinter)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-15-2011, 9:31 AM Reply   
Austin hooked it up yesterday! Even with the terrible water the event went super smooth. Definitely tell it's about the lifestyle at the playground! Great job bro!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-15-2011, 12:50 PM Reply   
In my mind Austin does more for our industry than any other shop owner. Homeboy putrs his blood sweat and tears into that shop. Support your local shop! I'd make the 3 hour drive to SJ from sac just to buy from Austin instead of giving my dollars to any other shop that could care less about anyone in the scene!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-15-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
The Demo day was awesome. Aaron Rathy rode during the second set. It was windy and blow up but he still threw down like a pro. It was awesome to see. I was able to hang out with him for most the day. He is a really cool and down to earth dude.
Old     (liquidplayground)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-01-2011, 12:28 PM Reply   
Thanks again for the support everyone! These last few weeks have been nothing short of amazing! Meeting tons of new customers daily and really seeing the shop and scene grow down here in the southbay! I love you all! 2 more gallery nights and a film festival in the works, keep pushing strong!