Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old    marine_boy            10-05-2006, 9:30 AM Reply   
does any one know how much a tige rz2 is in the usa on a dorsey trailer with the 340 engine
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-05-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
As with boats and cars, it depends widely on which accessories you choose. Two big ones are the tower and the stereo. I have heard around 63K being quoted
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-11-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
i'm a tige dealer and it's really hard to give a quote on how much the RZ2 will be. which options you get really does decide the price. one thing you can go but is that it'll be a good amount more than the 22ve. the boat is worth all that money and more. i rode behind and drove one back at the tige factory and i was sooo pumped to get mine on order.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-11-2006, 7:11 PM Reply   
It will also depend on what area you live in. Prices seem to range as much as 6-9K regionally from my experience.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-12-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
Here are a few photos my wife snapped last weekend on the Trinity river in Texas. The boat was wake skating, and surfing. The Surf wake was awesome once the ballast was dialed in.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-12-2006, 7:00 AM Reply   
one more
Upload
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-12-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
They pulled the pro-men behind an RZ2 at INT championships yesterday. Who knows maybe they will pull my class today with it?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-12-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
Looks like they raped an Xstar.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-12-2006, 10:26 AM Reply   
They did!!! The biggest difference is when you look close at the fit and finish. The engraving on aluminum leg on the tower is horrible as well as the craftmenship under the seats and storage areas. I sat in the one at Surf & Ski Expo and couldnt belive all the things they copied. I guess thats good though, because it wasnt long ago when everyone made fun of the picklefork.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-12-2006, 11:02 AM Reply   
Billy, that's funny you said that..... The boat at Surf Expo was a pre production boat, it was either the second of third one ever built. Since then I will guarantee that the fit anf finish is second to none. Bring your 'ole X2 by the shop and I will show you plenty of interior and exterior areas that could be improved, it is all where you look and how you look at it.

The boat above is my dealership's boat, and all weekend long all we heard were good things, and tons of thumbs up from everyone on the water, MC owners to Bu owners.

Give the boys at the factory alittle time to dial it in, it'll all work out. And anytime you are in H-Town, call ahead and we'll drop one of those Bad Boys in the water and give you a pull and change your mind just like we change people's minds evryday. Peace....
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-12-2006, 11:13 AM Reply   
Wow !! sounds like you used to hearing a little crap about Tige. Easy Big fella, I'm no expert by any means but you can't tell me it isnt a pretty close COPY to the XSTAR. The boat at the Expo did have terrible engraving on the tower. I know Tige probably doesnt do the engraving but they approved it. Like I said, I'm glad they came out with it, cause you sure don't see anyone copying CC or BU. Heck maybe it will win Wakeboard boat of the year next year. I would love to come out to Houston and see your water is it warm? Does it get cold there? Anytime you want to ride down here give me a holla.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-12-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
"we change peoples minds everyday"
I guess Tige couldnt change Rustys mind.
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-12-2006, 4:17 PM Reply   
Billy, your profile says Finance, that suprises me, I guess you don't understand the world of "sponsorship finance"????? Business is business, and that is all I want to say about that... (in Forest Gump dialect).
Old    wakesetter23lsv            10-12-2006, 5:54 PM Reply   
nice boat
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-13-2006, 5:41 AM Reply   
Yo big b, I just take the money in the drive thru at Mcdonalds. Thats what I meant about finance. LOL Anyway, I hope you do well at the dealership. I would love to sell boats, what a cool job!! PEACE
Old     (big_brandon)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-13-2006, 7:40 AM Reply   
Billy, I'll give it to you, you have a good sense of humor. That's cool!!! If you are ever in Houston, hit me up, I'll buy you a beer.

www.texastige.com

P.S. Being a boat dealer isn't as glamorous as I make it look....
Old     (malibupilot)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-13-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
Does anyone else think the hard lines on that boat make it look a little bit retro?
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-13-2006, 8:12 AM Reply   
it defeinitely looks good in the water
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-13-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
my family has had 3 tiges and we actually thought about getting a new x-star, but when we rode in the new 2007 24ve i can guarantee that their isn't another boat with a better fit and finsih. the new vinyl in the tige boats feels like it should be in a luxury yacht, the new towers are just as sturdy as any MC, basically their is nothing that tige hasn't improved upon for 07.
just go and test a new 07 out and you will definitely be impressed with the interior as well as the wake.
Old     (bensk8in)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-13-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
One of my favorite features is all the enlarged digital displays, with the digital speed and speed set, it just doesnt get any easier.
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-13-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
bensk8in

i totally agree with you, the new speed set is basically a selling point in itself, it is light years ahead of any perfect pass control, especially in a weighted boat
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-13-2006, 6:45 PM Reply   
Although I don't think the lines of the boat have found a good or bad place in my mind yet, I have heard good things about the wake all week long at the lake. Unfortunatly I rode behind a VLX and asked for too fast of a speed. Therefore I think the wake sufferd and that with my bad skills didn't garner any love from the wakeboard gods.