Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-29-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
My boat is a 92 SN closed bow. I am down to a New Dimension, factory look or a Titan 2. I am also undecided about the finish. I think either black or white powder coat or fully polished. Any thoughts? Grant...I need some heavy bling advice!!!
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-29-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
fully polished or black power coat. dont go w/ white
Old     (shortman)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-29-2006, 3:57 PM Reply   
What's the draw-back to white?
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       01-29-2006, 4:31 PM Reply   
I had a black tower, but eventually the birds powder coated it white.

(Message edited by Mbrown on January 29, 2006)
Old     (big_b)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-30-2006, 6:21 AM Reply   
i just think it wouldnt look as good as black or polished. only a few boats can pull of a white tower and make it look good, that ive seen
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-30-2006, 6:27 AM Reply   
So I can assume a New Dimesion Tower since nobody has weighed in on that specifically?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-30-2006, 6:55 AM Reply   
IMO white or that gray/off-white color on your boat would look best with your colors. i really like the way a Titan looks on older CC's, and they are a very proven design. check Titan pricing on wakeside. Monsters look good on older CC's too.
Old     (xsmini)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-30-2006, 7:13 AM Reply   
Titan all the way, by far. Easiest to fold, and the strongest design in the industry.

I like white towers, but only on all/mostly white boats

I say go for polished
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-30-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Not that it matters I suppose, but I went with the black FCT tower. I opted for fully polished board racks and will likely add an all white tower bimini top. I figured the black matched the windshield frame and ultimately I valued it looking more factory even though they never put a tower on my year and model. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-30-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
Here is white on a SN. Stays cool to the touch in 100+ degree heat.
White FCT on a SN
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-30-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Looks awesome! Did you do the install yourself Darrel? How hard was it? I anticipate the worst part is actually bringing yourself to drill throgh the boat.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-30-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
Its not too hard depends on your skills. Mine is an FCT i got on Ebay pretty cheap and had new smaller lower legs fabricated to fit my boat. Mock it all up on your boat first and make sure it pivots freely. I reinforced under the gunnels and up front w/ plywood. Had to cut away some floatation foam, and to make a solid fit i slathered on a load of bondo to the plywood and pressed it up tight. Chamfer the holes larger than your bolt diam. A 1/2 in. drill bit will work if you dont have a chamfer bit. Use drill in reverse. This should protect you from spider cracking. Drill and bolt the rear feet first, I used the tower as a template. Then press the front feet down, i again used them as a template for drilling, bolt tight. Its silent, no sway no problems. After buying the Ebay tower, fabricating new legs, powdercoating and misc nuts n bolts it was only slightly more than a monster tower. Good luck.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-30-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
Samson towers look good on a SN.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-31-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
Maybe they do, but that wasn't one of my choices. My tower is being built by New dimension, so the legs should fit without a lot of effort I hope! Three to Four weeks for delivery though, which should give me adequate time for the rest of the interior work. Gotta be ready for April 1, 2006...first ride of the year.
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-31-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
Nice choice on the ND FCT....imo, if you can handle the $$ its the only choice for a Nautique. I love the white FCT Darrel, I was actually going to suggest white or even that teal color(stripe color) for Eric's.

April 1 in OH....man, I thought I had balls to ride 4/1 here in NC. And I can ride near a steam station outlet where the water is heated.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-31-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
It's a wetsuit situation for sure. Last year the ice had barely left the lake!!! I like the idea of NC. We were talking about making it down for the Easter ride at Hyco, but the weekend doesn't match up with the time my daughter is off school, so I guess that's a no go. I would like to make it down there some weekend though...I have a nephew in the Raliegh area.