Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-18-2003, 1:08 PM Reply   
Wanted your guys opinions of riding and camping facilities at Martinez. Thanks.

Dave
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-18-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
Camping is pretty basic, not a campground and no hookups or facilities. Riding is great during the winter but be careful to scout the location to avoid obstacles like tree stumps and rocks. The most popular riding spot is Ferguson Lake, which is up river about 5 minutes from Martinez.

Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       11-18-2003, 5:31 PM Reply   
The bar there makes the best damn Bloody Mary's ever oh yeah and the riding is pretty good also especially in Fergi.
Old    alanp            11-18-2003, 11:48 PM Reply   
come to yuma, i live here i love the river, lake fergueson but was disappointed by the local riding scene. you will see far more san diego riders on the lake than anything else which is cool but i wish there was more of a dedicated local scene. i dont know about camping but there seems to be plenty available there is a small store which sells a few things. i would NOT recommend going to the lake first without someone that has ridden out there before b/c there are quiet a few underwater obstacles that you need to be aware of.
Old     (kaben)      Join Date: Apr 2001 Location: Sacramento, CA       11-19-2003, 8:12 AM Reply   
Alan have you rode with Chris Nossaman. He lives down there. I make it down there occasionally to visit my parents, but not as often as I would like,Also Tony From Al's RV in the foothills used to ride a bit.
Old    chrisn            11-19-2003, 8:23 AM Reply   
whats up
alan we should hook up and ride

chris
Old    alanp            11-20-2003, 12:57 AM Reply   
hey chris we definately should hook up? do you drive a white excursion? b/c i saw one around town the other day with malibu stickers. im dying to find guys to ride with down here. ill email you.
Old    alanp            11-20-2003, 6:17 AM Reply   
i remember seeing a malibu out there a couple of times that has a spy sticker on it, by any chance is that you?