Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old    malibu73            07-04-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
I want to add a little varity to my ridding, it seems like very picture i have of me ridding looks about the same. So the last few times I have been out I have tried to Poke out my tricks more. I'm having a hard time doing it. I'm riding 07 transit and they are pretty stiff, is that my problem or should I just try harder.

(Message edited by malibu73 on July 04, 2007)
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
well what are you trying to do?
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-04-2007, 8:07 PM Reply   
To poke out a trick vs say to do it normally. Like a poked tail grab such as this. where you excentuate the trick by pushing the board out in a certain direction more to give more style(if you have style).
Upload
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 8:13 PM Reply   
I know, but what i meant was like what tricks
Old    malibu73            07-04-2007, 8:17 PM Reply   
This is what almost all my pictures look like.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-04-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Chad with that last pic (stalefish) you want to extend your back leg straight and keep the front knee bent. You'll get a natural poke that will look great!
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-04-2007, 10:29 PM Reply   
those look pretty legit to me. great handle control. Just extend one leg, don't think about doing the trick differently, just grab and extend...
Old     (whitie)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-05-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
Danny Harf had a section in WBM talking about poking out grabs. You want to bring you knees up be for you grab the board as soon as you come off the wake. Then grab on the way up keep it in close then extend one leg at the top op your jump.

If you get the grab early it will be easier to poke
good luck
Old     (pogi)      Join Date: May 2006       07-05-2007, 9:30 AM Reply   
Concentrate on poking it out using your legs. In other words don't try to grab the board and then poke it out by using your arms. Just hold the grab and extend a leg.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-05-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
i think the tail grab is the easiest to poke, so maybe start with that one. you can either lean toward your right arm while poking your left leg to keep the board flat (see above for "goofy" example)....or you can stay over the board and pull up with your right hand while poking your left leg to "invert" the board. (not really invert but....) either way can look good.

for the indy, you need to keep your hips and butt up and bend more at the waist to get the grab. it will be much easier to poke it out that way....and much easier to poke toward the boat a little rather than towards the wake.

i think i got that right. good luck