Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 09, 2007

Old     (boardin4364)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-09-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
WEll was wondering what your all's thoughts were on putting a NON FCT on a Super Sport/SAN.

Was looking at 2000-2002 Super Sports and SAN's...have come across some Super Sports and SAN's w/o towers. Yup SAN's without towers. How would you guys feel about putting a non FCT on there? Think it would hurt resale compared to an FCT? I"m not sure what an FCT runs, but knowing what other things from Nautique run I"m sure there are cheaper alternatives. Anbody got the price of one or any ideas? Any towers they think look great on the boat and are functionable as well? I love the look of the FCT, but just curious to see if anyone has any pics of Nauti's with other tower MFG's on em.....been to the Monster sight so have seen there's.

I guess this is more of an opinion poll. On what you think I should go with....
Old    K.B.C.            02-09-2007, 9:55 AM Reply   
I own an SS, IMO the FCT is the only way to go. Check out new dimensions. They're tower is an almost exact replica of the FCT and less expensive. The owner of that company I believe is the one who engineered created the FCT for CC.

I got my FCT used from a dealer. It's hard to come by that way, but you may want to check around. I do also occasionally see them on eBay.

Good luck, either way you're getting a great boat with a great wake and that is what really matters.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-09-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
I'd have to agree with Scott, i am purist on these older SANs which I believe were the nicest looking ones ever built. That's just my dumb opinion though. Only the FCT looks right to me.

Definately check out New Dimension towers though, and I also believe they were the manufacturers of the FCT. Stick with that, that's what I would do. I think you'd get any extra $$ back in resale by keeping the standard look. It's a very solid tower by the way, not the blingiest, but very solid.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-09-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
There was a guy here a few years ago that had a Boss tower on an 03 SAN. I thought it looked really good.
The FCT is a great tower though, really solid and easy to collapse. I'm not sure anything else would look as good
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-09-2007, 10:23 AM Reply   
My 95 Super Sport has a new dimensions tower on it and it looks just like the FCT tower. and works just as good.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       02-09-2007, 10:24 AM Reply   
I'd go with whatever fits your budget and whatever you like the looks of!

Here's a '95 Super Sport with a Titan. Looks darn good, IMO.

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=210
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-09-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
A friend of ours has a 2002 red SAN that he completely pimped out with a boss tower color matched to the hull and it looked sweet. I doubt it would depreciate the boat at all. In fact it may help, people are always looking for tsomething different to set them apart.
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-09-2007, 11:35 AM Reply   
I have a 97 ss with a titan and love it. I am more for function than looks. I fold it down to get on the boat lift and I can get the titan down in less that 30 seconds by myself.
As Scott said it is all about the wake though, can't beat it. check my prfile for a pic. I have since added a bimini too.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-09-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
Other towers don't look bad, but the FCT just brings out lines on a Nautique. The SAN with the FCT is the most classic looking wake boat you can find imo.