Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-13-2004, 2:53 PM Reply   
So I have the use of a trampoline at my disposal.
I see very little info in the mags about trampoline practice. Does anyone have feedback on how much it really helps??
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-13-2004, 3:01 PM Reply   
it helps a lot if you attach a rope and handle to something solid and learn to use the rope tension to execute your trick.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-13-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
it helps a lot. I doubt many pros do stuff on the water that they cant do on a trampoline. the motions are the same once in the air. The only thing the trampoline doesnt teach is the forward pull that the boat will have and your sideways motion towards the wake. otherwise the motions are the same.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-13-2004, 10:02 PM Reply   
I hate to be a downer but when i was younger i could do all sorts of things on a trampoline. I can do all those things on a trampoline but when on the water it is all different. I can do skeezers on a tramp, but not even a scarecrow on water i can do crows. So to me i fell the trampoline doesnt help. So for my input try it because it does help for most but definately do not get discouraged if you find it not helping at all. I think the reason for this is because alot of flips etc. Are based atleast 50% just on the cut and the way you leave the wake which is something that i personally do not feel on the trampoline. But trampolines will help everyone wiht being more comfortable in the air.
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       12-13-2004, 10:04 PM Reply   
I meant i cannot do scarecrows on the trampoline but i can on the water and i can switch crow mobes aka skeezer on the tramp but cant even do a switch crow on the water
Old    dana25miller            12-13-2004, 11:06 PM Reply   
I don't know how much they help, but I use to be able to bust 1 1/2 on mine. Wish I could do that on a wakeboard!
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-14-2004, 6:29 AM Reply   
i think the only thing my trampoline has helped me with is handle control and being familiar with being upside down
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-14-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
For the rope and handle set up, do I use a solid rope off like a tree close by, or like a bungee for the pull effect?
Help!! LOL
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-14-2004, 8:24 PM Reply   
solid rope
bungee will screw you up big time. You use a solid rope in wakeboarding right? Use it on trampoline. The difference is that you will have to jump against the rope in order to have the same pull as a boat. This way you can still do the same tricks.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-14-2004, 8:27 PM Reply   
I guess my only question is then, what creates or simulates the boats pull? Can a solid rope do that?
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-14-2004, 10:15 PM Reply   
I tilt my trampoline up in the front just 2-3 inches, but it gives you more to get a pull off of, and it helps for throwin raleys, which are really scary since 3/4 of my body would be off of the trampoline. The trampoline has been helpin with 360s, get your old board on and spin ur self silly. It also helps me with being aware in the air, even though im not doing flips yet. It is also a great work out if you do it for 30 or so minutes, or if you do seat drops, land with you legs out in front of you, do that for 4 minutes and tell me your not tired.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-15-2004, 6:23 AM Reply   
Kevin,
you have to simulate the boat pull. By leaning against the rope as you jump, tension will build in the line. Its about learning how hard to lean against the rope to get tension.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       12-15-2004, 8:15 PM Reply   
Kewl. thanks for the tips. So off to the trampoline I go. Hope I dont break something.. HA HA..
Old     (dallas141)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-15-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
Areial awareness
Old     (ccwhite)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-16-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
D$ has it. Get used to being upside down and what it feels like to be twisted.

I would suggest you try it in a coupe of stages.. Tramp-no board, Tramp-With board, Water
Old     (doubleup138)      Join Date: Sep 2004       12-16-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
I have a tramp but it is messed up now, but i throw down a whirlybird or a Moby Dick. My friend could do a O/A 720. I don't think it helps too much, just to getting used to being upside down because i suck on the water, or maybe is it because I weight 95 pounds and I am 5 foot and i use a 138.