Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-10-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
So I may not have picked the best photo to enter since it was a rather busy photo. So lets see some outtakes.

Entered Photo:<br>
Upload

Other Photos from this year:
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-10-2008, 3:38 PM Reply   
from "other photos," i'm definitely diggin' 1 & 3. 5 would be up there as well, but there's a photographer in the shot and just ruins it for me. still sick though.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-10-2008, 7:19 PM Reply   
I REALLY like #3.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-11-2008, 6:32 AM Reply   
6 makes me laugh, with the rider on the chair looking like he is watching from the couch.

I'm also digging number two, it's got an awesome feel to it.

1 is my desktop right now, thanks

Can you give away the secret on that type of shot?
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-11-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
Thanks Everyone!!! Feel free to post your other photos too... this post wasnt just for my shots.

Nick - Are you talking about the first alternate shot or the first shot listed above? The first alternate shot is Shaun White at the Breck stop of the Grand Prix's last month (that was his first hit on his gold medal run). All I did on that photo was a duotone over the photo on another layer and then I erased the flag and rider. If you're talking about the very first photo listed above that was during the Honda/Vail Sessions last Feb. There were about 10 photogs on the deck with at least a strobe each... so I did a shutter drag of about 2 seconds and each time a stobe would go off it would freeze the rider. The fire was very unpredictable... every few riders they would blast the fire as the rider was boosting off the jump. It certainly gave some interesting results. Exposure was a beotch though.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       01-11-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
nice shots man
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-11-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
Russell, the very first photo and the one right after it.

The effects on one are awesome and I like the layover on 2
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-12-2008, 8:56 AM Reply   
Nice! I love how you took advantage of the other photographers gear! Hopefully they don't find out! haha! I am going to dig a few up here.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-12-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Here are a couple. I will find more when I get a chance.

Upload

Upload
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-12-2008, 9:12 AM Reply   
Now we're starting to see everyone's best stuff!Upload
Old    mobster            01-12-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
Here are some more from the North Shore Upload

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-12-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Well, if I can get away from the ACTION SPORTS requirement (ugh!) I have some OK photos.
Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
Snails are interesting creatures. I kill them every chance I get! But, they are awfully photogenic!
Old     (adamo)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-12-2008, 9:42 PM Reply   
Upload

homemade housing, lots of effort went into this.
shot at 1600iso... wooooops!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-12-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeskating.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17812
Old     (xcharrier)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-14-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Sick shots everyone.

Ryan - I love your night/strobe shots. Having done alot of this myself I know how hard it is to get a good ratio of stobe and ambient and your stuff is great.

JL - Great surf shots... the first one is my favorite.

Lizrd - Great perspective on the tower. And the macro of the snail is sweet.

Adam - Nice shot. And I feel your pain... I've been shooting indoor sports or a concert or something one night and then go outside the next day and forget to check the iso. Fortunately over the years I've been able to realize when the shutter speed is way too fast. What kind of camera do you have and what does your housing look like?

Scott a - Great series... its cool to see a bunch of photos like this that really tell a story.
Old     (watson_134_lf)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-14-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
what up adammm!!!!!