Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-16-2009, 7:27 AM Reply   
Anyone ever boat here? Its close to Oroville
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-16-2009, 9:19 AM Reply   
I've never even heard of it....
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-16-2009, 10:02 AM Reply   
is this the forebay before the water hits the feather river, if so its only about 5 feet deep at least thats what ive heard and they only allow trolling i could be wrong im just pretty sure thats what my grandpa has always told me when ive asked about bringing the boat up to launch on there cuz i see tons of butter out there always when i drive thru to there house
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       05-16-2009, 11:51 AM Reply   
i've been to the afterbay a few times. Late summer it can get pretty damn cold since the reservoir is emptied to flood the rice fields and the bottom water of oroville comes in. You can get amazing water there though, its plenty deep, except for one peninsula that gets pretty damn shallow.

Its pretty much redneck central though on the weekends, all the crackheads from oroville come out with their loud ass speedboats and rip the water up. Weekdays though, golden.
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-16-2009, 12:47 PM Reply   
Kyle, the forebay is before the afterbay on 70 headed into oroville. they drain water from the bottom of oroville to let it they warm up for farming. the afterbay is about 20ft deep around the levi and is cold in some spots. the temp varies from 60 to 75 easily, but thats just the top layer. it is right off of 99 you can see the wall while your driving.

We have been going out there often from chico and had some pretty good water. it was wind chop all yesterday but when everyone from our group left a couple of us had a nice set on some perfect water. normally if its windy in chico we kinda bag the trip out there but its been fun lately.

Taylor did you plan on floating today?
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       05-16-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
Nope :-(, I have so much riding on my finals right now that all I have get to do this weekend is study. Sooo pissed.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-16-2009, 5:14 PM Reply   
taylor im with you on that. i cant wait to go home and ride all summer.
Taylor P do you go to chico state also?
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-16-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
Yeah, im just wrapping up my freshman year. I can't wait to be done with finals.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-16-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
oh nice. yeah im a super senior, i know taylor goes up. are you on the team or have your boat up here?
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-17-2009, 12:03 PM Reply   
I have my boat up here. White F250 with a liquid force sticker on the window towing a black and white Malibu the truck is pretty noticeable. i doubt i would have made the team...maybe in a few years. Hows your guy's finals schedules? i think im done on tuesday so if i can get a couple people the rest of the week is open besides moving out.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
I saw your truck a couple weeks ago around town, sick ride.

my hard finals are done wednesday morning. Work until 3 on thursday.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-17-2009, 7:10 PM Reply   
oh man my finals are everyday till thursady.. so lame. i dont have my board up here so i guess i wont be able to go ride. taylor p so do you get to ride weekly ? i would like to start riding up here more.. you think next semester we could do some regular sets? im good for gas and i own a 07 vlx also. were do you keep your boat?
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-18-2009, 5:31 AM Reply   
we try to be on the water as much as possible maybe two or three times a week and then a day or 2 on the weekend. If i have the boat next semester and im not overloaded with physics and calc then doing getting some regular sets wouldn't be a prob. I think monday, tuesday, and friday are the best but i'm done with my lab on thursday by 2 so i'm basically going to have free time in the afternoon other than homework. i have the boat up by the airport, its not super convenient but its a pretty good location. its easy to hit 99 also just take cohasset down.