Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    jdr            06-13-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
Can anyone help me out with lake info near San Angelo? Like, what lake, water conditions, good spot to ride in ect. NEVER been any where close, but I have something going on out that way in a few weeks. Thanks!!!
Old    warlock00            06-13-2003, 9:45 AM Reply   
Hey Jay when are you heading this way?

OK the lake situation is this. The only rideable lake is Lake Nasworthy even though there are 2 other lakes really close(both are almost dry). It is a small lake that gets really rough during the "idiot hours" say 11:00 to 5:00 on the weekend at least. Most of the boaters around here do not know much "boat etiquette" like not power turning, going backwards around the island(just look at the bouyes at each end of the island they tell you which way to go{counter clockwise around the island and clockwise around the course}), and pretty much just being plain stupid. But if you get out early & tear it up, then wait till later and go at it again you will avoid most of this. If you are riding during the week you will pretty much have it to yourself. There are 2 main spots to get good water. One is what we call the island. You go around in a circle around get this an island...it is heavily reided(sp?) on both sides so for the most part they eat the rollers up. This is the best spot to ride unless it is crowded then you will want to go into the slalom course. Which has white rock on both sides to eat the rollers up. Only problem with this run is it is tight and short. You can get maybe 4 or on the wide side, and are pretty much limited to surface tricks on the other side. Unless you take really short cuts into the wake. Do you know where you will be launching from? The lake is really small so it will not be hard to find these 2 spots(they are right by each other)The way to get to them is if you are at the bridge on the lake nasworthy marina side head west along the shore and you will run right into the island. Check my profile and look for that boat while you are out...give us a halla. Or shot me an email when you are heading this way and I will try to help you out as much as possible...

hope this helps

(Message edited by warlock00 on June 13, 2003)
Old    warlock00            06-13-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
ok I dont know why it has those dots but it is suppose to be five hits not .....